$33 NLHE MTT Turbo: losing value folding 66?

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a turbo satellite (9th hand, $10/20 blinds, $1000 starting stacks, no one at the table more than 30 away from 1000) I'm in the hijack w 66. About 20% of the field gets paid.

Only 7 at the table currently, but it's folded to me. I really don't want to bother with this hand -- too tight?

CuttleFish

CuttleFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your position? (not sure what hijack is?)

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hijack is one seat to the right of the cutoff, or 2 to the right of the button. There were only 7 at the table, so a couple folds in front of me...

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your still 50 bigs deep and its the first level, taking the blinds obv dont matter as much yet.. but I prefer opening here, think its a little nitty not to.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would just fold in a sattelite.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely not folding unless someone comes over the top - its opportunity and you should not let it just pass by w/o taking a shot. Will you miss the flop?Probably but the same could be said of AK and I'll bet you'd open with that.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if its folded to me in that position with 66, I'm raising and folding to any reraise. If you don't hit your set and the callers have position on you, I'm check/folding. If by the flop its only you and the blinds, I'm c-betting if checked to me regardless (giving up on turn if c-bet is called)

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if everybody folds its a raise or atleast a call, not the strongest starting hand 66, but its better than many being a pocket pair....

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it gets folded to you here you should def open with 66. This would appear to be a super turbo I think? Def open and depeding on the type of villain who r/r's you can actually get this in ok as long as it's a ST. If it's just a normal turbo or a regular then raise and fold to r/r.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty standard raise from late position with these stacks. In earlier position or with smaller stacks it's fine to fold.

Folding in Poker