$33 NLHE MTT: Was I right just to call here on suck a board?

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
***** 888poker Hand History for Game 1192473614 *****
600/1,200 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 04 09 2020 21:07:11
Tournament #165416502 $30 + $3 - Table #12 9 Max (real money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: Cstl01 ( 29,278 )
Seat 2: RazvyB ( 43,990 )
Seat 3: MyBeardisEvi ( 125,329 )
Seat 4: kpspkr ( 53,681 )
Seat 5: zbigis ( 114,997 )
Seat 6: marconi_fast ( 86,239 )
Seat 7: DragsterWave ( 105,769 )
Seat 9: dyonvlaar12 ( 39,230 )
Seat 10: 8vincent8 ( 289,781 )
Cstl01 posts ante [150]
RazvyB posts ante [150]
MyBeardisEvi posts ante [150]
kpspkr posts ante [150]
zbigis posts ante [150]
marconi_fast posts ante [150]
DragsterWave posts ante [150]
dyonvlaar12 posts ante [150]
8vincent8 posts ante [150]
RazvyB posts small blind [600]
MyBeardisEvi posts big blind [1,200]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MyBeardisEvi [ 9d, Ah ]
kpspkr folds
zbigis folds
marconi_fast folds
DragsterWave folds
dyonvlaar12 folds
8vincent8 raises [2,400]
Cstl01 folds
RazvyB folds
MyBeardisEvi calls [1,200]
** Dealing flop ** [ 2s, 3s, Ad ]
MyBeardisEvi checks
8vincent8 checks
** Dealing turn ** [ 7s ]
MyBeardisEvi checks
8vincent8 checks
** Dealing river ** [ 3d ]
MyBeardisEvi bets [2,227]
8vincent8 raises [4,454]
MyBeardisEvi calls [2,227]
** Summary **
8vincent8 shows [ 3c, Kc ]
MyBeardisEvi mucks [ 9d, Ah ]
8vincent8 collected [ 15,658 ]

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this position the villain will open a wide range, there are no limpers and he are deep stack, you can try to 3bet for value with your range, against players from these position, or to defend your blinds, so, if you prefer just to call you will don't have enough read, because he will bet a wide range.

When a 7S appears in the turn you can bet your A for value, or try to bluff a flush, I think that the majority of players will not call here only holding a pair of 3, without a good draw, in this spot I prefer to bet on the turn about 50% or 100% the pot.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this hand well. I would not 3 bet pre and it is more than a strong enough hand to defend with when we are as deep as we are. Check on the flop is normal. Check on the turn is debatable but I like it as you give the villain a chance to bluff with either smaller pairs or if they decide to semi bluff a draw when they have one spade. The river is a bet spot to me as played and I think you went around 1/3rd pot which I think is about right. When villain raises I wouldnt think they have an ace because I think we would have heard from it sooner. There arent that many 3xs in their range either so I would be just calling that bet thinking they are on some bluff or slow played the flush. I would still be calling there because we are getting roughly 5 to 1 and I believe this is a bluff more than 17% of the time. Well played that just didnt work out for you in the end.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As in the other hand, you shared, I think, your turn check is incredibly bad. When he check behind on the flop, he almost never has anything better than a second pair or top pair with a worse kicker than yours. He would have bet all his strong hands, and he would also have bet his flushdraws.

So you have the best hand 99% of the time, and by checking you are once again just allowing him a free card to draw out on you in a million different ways, the main one being any hand with a random spade in it. As played its fine to bet the river for value trying to get called by basically any two pair, which is worse than yours. When he click it back, you are rarely good, but given the price, and how the hand played out, I would also have paid him off.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way please use the free hand converter here on Cardschat, next time you share a hand. It makes the hand history so much easier to read :)

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a perfect spot for us to 3bet preflop - i love these spots and am always 3betting alot of my rag aces here especially when I am deep. OOP I generally go 3.7-4x on this stack size

As played the flop check with intent to call a reasonable bet is fine with a margibal kicker - when villan checks back i think they have alot less Ax and that villans are more inclined to bet flush draws in position so i think the spade draw coming in doesn't bother me very often - so I agree with the above statement of betting the turn for value.

As played - when we bet river for value and get raised we are never good here very often - but the price is just too good for us to fold - so as played i think paying the villan off is fine. Any other sizings than this one - we should be finding the fold for sure.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would have loved it if this thread didn't initially reveal the villain's holdings and I would have been super keen to give my perspective.. :)

As soon as I saw the showdown results I feel like my opinion was contaminated with hindsight, sorry. :eek:

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way please use the free hand converter here on Cardschat, next time you share a hand. It makes the hand history so much easier to read :)
thanks for your insights! it's really helping as I think I have mind hand selection down but I am still learning how to play each street :)