$33 NLHE MTT: 3-bet multi-way pot, IP, Ts9s on As Th 4s in bounty builder when we cover

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$33 NLHE MTT: 3-bet multi-way pot, IP, Ts9s on As Th 4s in bounty builder when we cover

We are on an aggressive tournament strategy we want to hit big early not just wait for sweet spots.

Here's how I see this hand:
1. After villains check we bet 3/4 of the pot to fold the second villain. A 1/2 bet might have worked too. A 1/3 bet would keep them in and we don't want that with the bounty on the line (they cover the first villain too).
2. Turn is not good for us. Villains range is now KK+,TT, ATs+,AJo+ . I thought I have 2.5:1 here but because of the broadway on the turn I actually have closer to 3:1.
3. We put the villain all-in with 2.5: 1 odds and the bounty overlay. We know we are always behind but the bet is profitable and we are not looking to survive this spot

Reviewing the hand I would change this:
1. Make the flop bet 1/2 instead of 3/4. Even so, SPR is close to 1 so we either put them all-in on the turn (because of the bounty) or check behind.
2. If we check behind on the flop we give away our equity. Against 2 villains we have 40% and they have 30% each with the strongest range KK+,TT, ATs+,AJo+. They are much worse a lot of times in a bounty builder

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T40/T80
Buy-in: $15+$15+$3 USD Hold'em No Limit
PokerStars
9 players
Formatted by SharkScope.com - Track your poker statistics and avoid the sharks

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
T4,656)
UTG+1 - UTG+1 (
T4,161)
UTG+2 - UTG+2 (
T9,007)
MP - MP (
T5,523)
MP2 - Hero (
T5,621)
CO - CO (
T4,776)
BTN - BTN (
T5,004)
SB - SB (
T5,346)
BB - BB (
T12,718)

Preflop: (
T228, 9 players) Hero is MP2 with T♠ 9♠UTG raises to T240, 2 folds, MP calls T240, Hero raises to T720, 4 folds, UTG calls T480, MP calls T480

Flop:
A♠ T♥ 4♠ (T2,388, 3 players - UTG: T3,924, MP: T4,791, Hero: T4,889)
UTG checks, MP checks,
Hero bets T1,592, UTG calls T1,592, 1 fold

Turn:
Q♣ (T5,572, 2 players - UTG: T2,332, Hero: T3,297)
UTG checks,
Hero bets T3,297 (all-in), UTG calls T2,332 (all-in), Uncalled bet of T965 returned to Hero

River:
J♣ (T10,236, 2 players, 1 all-in - UTG: T0, Hero: T965)

Total Pot:
T10,236
UTG shows
J♠ A♣ (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
Hero shows
T♠ 9♠ (a pair of Tens)

UTG wins T10,236

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre squeeze should be extremely low frequency play. It could be fine if you know that utg is opening wide and flatter is calling station (pre).

On the flop never going 2/3 pot, as you said half pot is boarderline good. I'd make a range bet her of 1/3 pot and give up if he continues.
In general it is very dicey to cbet this flop 3way as you unblock all of their continuing range.
I disagree that they will continue with pocket pairs under TT, as they have to understand pot is 3way. If you see them calling down like that, just make a note and try to play some pots with them.

Turn is very debatable, however your specific hand is close to mandatory check, as you want to realize your full equity. Being said that, i believe if we jam we are getting called way too often for it to be profitable, however you can play with equilab and see if im right or not.

If we check back ott and get to the river i would just jam if he checks into the pot of 5.5k and fold if he leads.

Hope you understand what im saying and this helped. GOOD LUCK!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Mostly folding in this spot, but if UTG is opening wide and folding a lot to 3-bets, then I can be on board with a 3-bet. Your size is to small though. With a field caller you should go to at least 4X, otherwise you are pricing them in to call with everything. And obviously you are not looking for calls, when you are bluffing. If you are going to use 3X, it has to be with aces or kings, and only against bad players, who dont pay attention.

Flop
I lean towards checking back here. With second pair you have some showdown value, and its difficult to fold out a lot of better hands. I would much rather bluff with J9 of spades for instance. The bet is not awful though, since you have so much equity, but I would probably pick a smaller size.

Turn
Now I really dont see, how a bet generate enough folds, so to me this is a clear check back and hope to get there on the river. Which unfortunately this time you did not.

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Turn
Now I really dont see, how a bet generate enough folds, so to me this is a clear check back and hope to get there on the river. Which unfortunately this time you did not.

This is a very good point, thanks!

Preflop
Turn
We have less than the size of the pot. Maybe checking the turn can induce the idea we got there and as you say, we can re-evaluate on the river. This is the same line I recommend in the other thread with opening JTs from UTG deep (though here is early stage). I'll try to practice what I preach

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree that they will continue with pocket pairs under TT, as they have to understand pot is 3way. If you see them calling down like that, just make a note and try to play some pots with them.
Ok then, what do you do? There's a bounty on the line, we're not strong enough to give a card to the second villain

Turn is very debatable, however your specific hand is close to mandatory check, as you want to realize your full equity. Being said that, i believe if we jam we are getting called way too often for it to be profitable, however you can play with equilab and see if im right or not.

Hope you understand what im saying and this helped. GOOD LUCK!

I still have enough equity and we have behind less than the pot. With the other villain out and the bounty on the line, we try to get there hopping for the best ... a punt, basically. Thanks mate!