$33 NL HE MTT: LJ vs HJ, bluff on river?

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
I am the smallest stack on table.

Hero on LJ 21 bb raises 2,2bb with QcJd, HJ 37 bb calls, 2x 25bb stacks folds, and bb sitting with 70BB folds.

Flop 6,5bb (9c 2s Tc)
2 x check ( wanted check jam)

Turn Ts
hero bets 4bb, villain calls
I could use here lower sizing probably

River 4h 14,6bb pot
hero (15,2 bb stack) ???

Do you bluff river? I have basic bounty.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id fold pre
check call on the flop
as played alternative line is to 3ple barrel
hope this helps and Good Luck!

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-call seems a bit passive to me, but mayby it's good, but tell me what do you do on turn, when you don't hit.
id fold pre
check call on the flop
as played alternative line is to 3ple barrel
hope this helps and Good Luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I get the check-jam idea, but you could also just bet flop with intention to get it against a raise, and to jam most turns, if he just call.

Turn
The issue with a delayed C-bet on this card is, you dont represent much. If you flopped top pair or an overpair, you would most likely have bet the flop. So I guess, you are saying, you have a hand like a 9, which checked the flop for pot control. But you dont have a lot of 9X opening from LJ, so I dont think, you get enough folds here, and with only one more card to come, you cant get it in now. So as played I prefer to check again with the intention to call, if he bet something reasonable.

River
As played you likely dont have much showdown value with Q high, so your hand is definitely a candidate for bluffing. You dont have the best removal though, since you block some of the busted straight- and flushdraws, which you want him to have and now fold. Having Qc is bad, because then he cant have QcXc for a busted flushdraw. If you do go for it, I would choose a small size of no more than half pot targeting mainly hands like his A high, K high or weak pairs like 55-88. I think, a jam is to polarizing in a situation, where your range is generally capped, and he might also be more interested in calling, if your bounty is in play.