MTT
Buy-in
VP$IP
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
It was my lucky shot from satelite I am 46/300 242 places paid

UTG 64 bb folds stack (4 x starting bounty), UTG 2 29bb folds (4 x starting bounty), Lj raises 2,2bb (18% vpip) (2x starting bounty) 46k stack (10k starting stack), hj 11bb folds, hero JJ (54bb) 54k stack (6x starting bounty), calls, BU 17bb (2,2 starting bounty folds), sb 16,2bb (3 x starting bounty) folds, BB 21BB (2x starting bounty all in) (3 bet 6), LJ all in, hero???

I decided to call raise, because on left there were active squeezers with significant bounties. It is the worst scenario, the tightest shove and isolation, by 18% vpip player. Should I consider folding after isolation?
It is significant tourney for my bankroll, mini cash makes huge diffrence, after losing with big stack, I got 8bb and I am fallen angel, which makes mini cash not so certain, but my goal is to win tournament.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You forgot to say us what hole cards you have, quite important to make a decision.

But if a tight player shoves, you should probably lower the ranges to call/shove a lot in my opinion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I 3-bet here, but calling is certainly better than folding. As played I think, you just have to close your eyes and call it off. JJ is doing perfectly fine against the 21BB squeezing range, LJ is going to overshove wider, because he can win the bounty, and you are getting better odds yourself, because you can win both players bounty. Of course you can fold, if you want to secure a min-cash, but if long term EV is the goal, this has to be a call in a PKO.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You posted this for BB: BB 21BB (2x starting bounty all in) (3 bet 6)
Did they 3 bet to 6 BBs and the LJ jammed and then you had a decision and then after your decision BB eventually called or did BB jam over the 2.2 raise and call by you? That obviously makes a big difference. I will assume BB jammed and then LJ jammed over and then its on you.

First let me say that you said you called pre flop since there were squeezers to your left and then one of them does squeeze and we still arent sure what to do. I dont like playing like that. If Im going to deviate from the norm (I think 3 betting pre here is the norm) then we should have already planned out what we are going to do if people behind just call, of someone behind jams and LJ folds, if someone behind jams and LJ jams over, etc. Deviating here and then not planning it out is something I would avoid. With all that said I like 3 betting pre here for two reasons. The stacks behind should not be 3 betting to a size other than getting it in unless maybe they have AA (not even sure AA would play tricky or just try to jam it in a bounty tourney) so I think if they are planning to jam then they will jam over your 3 bet as well and when that happens LJ will be less inclined to get involved and you have less of a fight for a bounty. 3 betting also isolates LJ since later player jams will happen less over your 3 bet (which is fine when you have JJ) and then you get to play in position or if LJ 4 bet jams I think we can then range them there safely and say our JJ isnt doing so well since they would be jamming with no chance at winning a bounty vs us.

As played I think I lean towards fold here and its more than a lean to me. I know LJ will be getting in some worse hands than JJ due to bounty hunting and we capped our range (at least somewhat) by just calling pre so its possible LJ doesnt fear us and could have a hand like 99 here for instance. But overall, I dont like it and especially if you value a min cash (which imo in a lot situations to be honest is fine) then just fold. I would also say be careful what you wish for sometimes as you called pre wanting a squeeze and then got one. With JJ I am not looking to get squeezed all that often especially when the initial raiser is tight and therefore will have more of a continuing range against that squeeze.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it look like this?
1b4bd3ffbd3aa52bf2cc02ab49a48e1f.png

or this?
0375ccf178ace38ffbe292ba78ef8626.png