UTG+1: 3,031.00
MP: 5,440.00
MP+1: 4,143.00
LP: 3,000.00
CO: 4,390.00
BTN: 3,698.00

SB posts SB 50.00, Hero posts BB 100.00

Pre Flop: (150.00) Hero has 9d 8d

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 221.00, fold, Hero calls 121.00

Flop: (492.00, 2 players) 7d Jh 2s
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (492.00, 2 players) Kd
Hero bets 265.00, BTN calls 265.00

River: (1022.00, 2 players) Jd
Hero bets 650.00, BTN raises to 1,690.00, Hero ???

villain steals like 60% over 30 or so hands,
pretty terrible postflop.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because we have a good hand and we're getting 3-1 against someone who is terrible postflop.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Were you scared of a FH here? IMO he doesn't have it enough of the time for me to be worried about folding. I'm not shipping it, but not folding. Definitely a call for me as well. We don't have to win all the time for this to be a profitable call, and a flush is very strong here.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
by terrible i mean he is very face up in how he bets and calls.
what do we beat that raises the river which doesnt bet flop or raise turn?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you think villain raises AJ/Jx but doesnt cbet it?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Were you scared of a FH here? IMO he doesn't have it enough of the time for me to be worried about folding. I'm not shipping it, but not folding. Definitely a call for me as well. We don't have to win all the time for this to be a profitable call, and a flush is very strong here.

there is also higher and lower flushes than ours in his range imo

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is also higher and lower flushes than ours in his range imo

If he's so terrible postflop he could be drastically mis-evaluating your hand strength. And as baudib said, we're getting 3 to 1 on a call. Is he going to be flatting stuff like A-X and Q-X of diamonds IP preflop? If yes, then I guess I might be a little worried about the raise? But I don't think ever enough to fold.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he's so terrible postflop he could be drastically mis-evaluating your hand strength. And as baudib said, we're getting 3 to 1 on a call. Is he going to be flatting stuff like A-X and Q-X of diamonds IP preflop? If yes, then I guess I might be a little worried about the raise? But I don't think ever enough to fold.

replace terrible with face up then, given the buy in he is not horrendous.
he raised preflop, i flatted, he checked behind, called turn, raised river. with wide starting ranges i dont see him ever checking back J or a set very often on the flop. and with the 7d out there the number of lower flushes is only a few combos.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can rule out or heavily discount most FHs because surely he will be betting the flop or raising the turn with most sets/2 pair combos like J7/KJ etc. And if he can check the flop with a set or flat turn with a set or two pair then surely he sometimes check back something like Jx once in a while.

I mean our hand is reasonably well-disguised and this is a donkament. Even for a wide range there aren't that many combos of better hands that even a face-up player would end up with here. He could just put you on KQ or something and figure that he can beat that so raises the river.

I think he is going to end up with some poorly played hand often enough to make this a decent call.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok noted, i dont think he ever checks back a J at all, i also think he has a full house almost never, i think that he turns up with the nut or K high flush a shit ton here.

but then he flips over 105dd and my head hurts

Full Flush Poker