HJ: Had me covered
Hero(BTN): 6600

Blinds 200/400

Hero: :ad4: :qs4:

5 folds, HJ raises to 1,000,1 fold, Hero calls 1,000, 2 folds

(before you ask, yes it was 10 seated)

FLOP(2600): :3d4: :ah4: :js4:

Villain shoves, Hero calls all-in

Just kind of want a line check here. I haven't played tournaments in a really long time and just wanted to take my dad out for father's day(1 day early). No real reads on villain but he's an older man if that says anything.

Is this a standard fold? In game i snap called this because like, i have toppest pair man! But after thinking about this hand, I think the right move is folding. Villain wouldn't shove this flop with QQ,KK. AJ has me beat, AK as me beat so does JJ. The only thing i'm really hoping for is for a chop or that he plays AT like this or maybe even a worse ace(something suited obv).

TY

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, let me take First crack at this...You have no real reads on Villain but Just wondering how many Orbits were you at this table, Did you see Villain doing this Move Prior? Now, you also state Villain has you covered but by How much? Double/Triple/Quadruple? Is there antes in Play at the moment? If not then there is only 2600 in the pot Correct? You have 5k Back...

Now You have TPGK, and It's a Monster hand but giving this Line, I mean I can't Fold This Hand, because Set Will never Donk Shove this with only 1 player, I'd think a set would be inclined to get another round of Value, So he'd bet maybe something down the line of 1275-1500...I can't see AA doing this also you have 1 ace in your hand, AJ doing this Because I mean you'd want (Once again to Get Value for this hand, Unless your pretty sure your Opponent has an Ax that they won't fold...AK Might Do this, and make it look like a bluff/Steal Shove...So with that being said I'd call here, and think I'm good...

I mean you can find a Fold here but with an M or roughly 8 left I would Call here Myself and think we're ahead most of the time

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No antes and I had just moved to the table. He prob had atleast a couple 1000+ more

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoving pre pretty much all the time.

On that flop you can't fold. You beat tons of random aces, he'll jam random jacks here because he's got a pair, and if he doesn't jam KK/QQ here then why would he jam AJ instead of betting small? You really underestimate how wide people are raising from the HJ and how often people c-bet/do stupid stuff on flops.

Organize a Home Poker Game