Pot: t120

Flop:

:2c4: :4c4: :jc4:

Action:

BLINDS: check
HERO: bet t60
SB: overbet t225
BB: calls

The ending of this hand was insane. I want thoughts first on how to play it.

B

byrnsiey330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre: I would have raised more than the minimum. With AA I want to be going against one opponent, not two. I would have checked on the flop, hoping to get a free card because anything you bet is going to get called by a hand that is better than you at this point, and a fold by a hand that isn't. But after the flop, you have a check raise, then a flat. That means they are both saying that they think they beat whatever flush you have. You would be betting 155 into a pot of 630. Plus the implied odds of you hitting your nut flush. I would call. You've got 4-1 odds of hitting your nut flush. Implied odds are begging you to call.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly thank you for not posting the results!

preflop- minraise, 2.5, 3x all fine, whatever your preference is for open raising or whatever your normal raise size is, go with that. this flop is a good one for us, there isn't too many draws they can have, and we have the nut flush draw as a backup if we're behind to sets, flushes, two pair type hands. This isn't really a draw heavy board, sure the obviously flush draw is there, and a low Ax type hand straight draw, other than that, they would have to be really loose to have something like 35. The most likely hands here for the raise are JxKc JxQc type hands, and naked flush draws.

you can check this flop back, but i think betting is far better, really no reason not to ship it in on this flop. if we're beat, we're beat.

Jam it in on the flop here after the 255 raise and hopefully catch someone with their pants down. If you are behind, you have outs, but keep in mind, some of your outs are likely taken here.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

preflop- minraise, 2.5, 3x all fine, whatever your preference is for open raising or whatever your normal raise size is, go with that. this flop is a good one for us, there isn't too many draws they can have, and we have the nut flush draw as a backup if we're behind to sets, flushes, two pair type hands. This isn't really a draw heavy board, sure the obviously flush draw is there, and a low Ax type hand straight draw, other than that, they would have to be really loose to have something like 35. The most likely hands here for the raise are JxKc JxQc type hands, and naked flush draws.

you can check this flop back, but i think betting is far better, really no reason not to ship it in on this flop. if we're beat, we're beat.

Jam it in on the flop here after the 255 raise and hopefully catch someone with their pants down. If you are behind, you have outs, but keep in mind, some of your outs are likely taken here.

This guy pretty much nailed it, i'm putting him on either a set or JxK-10c, and i'm sorry but i'm never getting away from this hand and if you do and you were right you deserve a round of applause :D

mrdeedreid

mrdeedreid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You're welcome (I read the instructions for how to properly post hands for analysis :) ) and thanks for the reply.

I have to better my poker terminology knowledge (i.e. draw heavy board, wet vs dry board) before I start using it, I guess. I'm still working on this but please correct me (with an explanation if you choose too - preferred).

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't min-open. If that's your normal size, change it. Granted it's only one indication, but the nature of your question suggests you don't have the kind of game to min-open. Doing so, especially from EP, means you'll be in more marginal spots, which means you need to be comfortable playing them. If you're capable of min-opening effectively, I wouldn't think you'd to have to ask about this hand, which, while not completely straightforward, isn't especially tricky either.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what a terrible spot to be in!

vs. 1 opponent i'm getting it in all day long.

vs. 2 people in the pot, I have to wonder what the heck they have that they like so much?

I think we must SERIOUSLY consider that with 2 players interested in the pot at this point, our pair of aces is probably not good. Our draw is strong but we will probably need a club or an Ace to scoop the pot.

I'd bet that the first player has either AJ or a set and the second player may already have a flush, or just the :kc4: with possibly a J. either way, that kills some of our outs.

Tough one. I don't actually think folding is terrible, but I don't know if I could.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play these game regularly, you would know that this type of retarded behavior is normal. 6max games are crazy, lol. shove, get it in somehow and be happy about it.