$3 NLHE Deep Stacked: playable or waste of chips?

• Thread starter atlantafalcons0
  • Start date
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got moved to this table. Just wondering if this hand is worth playing and if it's the right way to play it if I'm going to...

Stacks:
* 8asart8 with 3600
* BTN with 5360
* SB with 3335
* BB with 4345
* UTG with 3050
* UTG+1 with 3170
* MP1 with 3465
* MP2 with 2925
* MP3 with 2625

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to MP2:T♠ J♠
* * Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* * UTG calls [60]
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP1 calls [60] Hero raises to 300
* * 2 players fold.
BTN calls [300]
* * 1 players fold.
* * BB calls [240]
* * 2 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 6
* * Potsize: 1050
Flop: K♠ 3♣ Q♥
* * BB checks Hero bets [725]

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a big fan of J, 10. I also wouldn't raise in middle position with it considering I have now knowledge of the other players. To me, it's a limp call or fold. Since you are one of the short stacks, I would have folded.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind your raise, but it needs to be a lot smaller. A hand like TJs is a hand we want a big multiway pot with. We should have no desire to take this pot down preflop. So i'd probably limp since we have a few players left to act behind us, or raise much smaller to around 180-200.

As played i'm checking that flop. Why you ask? well firstly, we got two callers, chances are that one of them hit that flop in some way. Secondly, we actually hit the board ourselves and we have a nice draw, so betting could actually force us to fold the hand if we're raised, which costs us a chance at seeing the turn.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - possibly worth limping in to see what the flop brings, but I wouldn`t personally be over anxious to play a middling hand like this when I just got to the table and have no info on opponents.

I don`t like the preflop raise. There`s no special reason for the others to respect your raise, since they don`t know you, and you could easily finish up in a multiway pot with a weak hand, having just blown ten per cent of your stack for no good reason. In fact, that`s almost what happens.

Flop - the flop rescued you and you have nice draws to both straight and flush. I am not sure what your flop bet is intended to accomplish. If that is a blocking bet, to ensure you see another card, it looks a little large. If you are trying to take the pot here, maybe it isn`t large enough. Also, once again, you suffer from lack of info on the opponents and cannot readily estimate how they will react.

Poker Chips - History of Chips