Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$3 NL HE Deep Stacked Bounty Turbo: 90-Player KO Tourney

This is a $3 90-player Turbo KO Double Stack Tournament.

What would you do in this situation? 64 players left in the tournament. 2nd largest stack at the table in the BB. 8-players; 5 limpers including the SB, 6 total in the hand, including me with a weak King. Raise to knock some limpers out? Check and see what comes up?

I really hate playing weak Kings.. this may be giving me away a bit, but I'll sometimes limp with a medicore-good King - (K/9, K/10, K/J).. I'm not a huge fan of Kings unless I have A/K or K/K, really.

The following names have been removed to protect the innocent. Even though innocence doesn't exist poker. :D

Reads:
Seat 4 has been mainly passive, and playing very loose.

Seat 5 has been playing passively semi-loose pre-flop, limping in every other hand, but has been pretty aggressive post-flop.

full tilt poker Game #14325461131: $3 + 0.30 KO Sit & Go (105429099), Table 10 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:34:19 ET - 2009/08/28
Seat 1: Morticore (5,560)
Seat 2: Seat 2 (1,900)
Seat 3: Seat 3 (2,930)
Seat 4: Seat 4 (8,910)
Seat 5: Seat 5 (755)
Seat 6: Seat 6 (1,960)
Seat 7: Seat 7 (1,605)
Seat 8: Seat 8 (2,640)
Seat 8 posts the small blind of 40
Morticore posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Morticore [Kh 3s]
Seat 2 has 15 seconds left to act
Seat 2 calls 80
Seat 3 folds
Seat 4 calls 80
Seat 5 calls 80
Seat 6 calls 80
Seat 7 folds
Seat 8 calls 40
Morticore ???

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand the question. You want to know if a raise here is ok? We get a free flop if we just check right?

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation, I probably would just check. Seat 4 has enough chips to call a raise and would have pot odds warranted to do so with almost anything. Seat 5 has pot odds to push all-in with a wide variety of hands, and you really don't have the cards to call that.

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PF: check.
Flop: hope I miss the flop so I can easily fold and move onto a better spot with better position.
I'm not sure I want to hit a king on this flop, as I'm probably going to win a small pot or be outkicked and therefore have the potential to lose a big pot.

That's just my quick 2 cents.

toogood2k

toogood2k

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
for sure, no need to raise this, cant u just wait some hands and got smth better? hard to knock out someone with K3off when there is 5 other limpers... I think this is dumb questino, just becouse thats def. hand where there is, on my opinion, 99% of times check/fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We raise to steal and then if called are out of position and playing w basically one card and if a K flops... do we bet/call/fold???

Really.. if you're looking to make a move here (which I think you must like to do if you're even considering it with this hand here.... oh.. & btw.. you say you don't like KJ, KT, etc.,.. but I've watched you play and have seen you call vs. tight TAG w KJ, KT, etc.,.. .when you're going to be only looking for miracle flops and be very easily way behind (dominated) by villain's opening range)... back to the hand in question... I would far prefer to do this with 86s, 75o, etc.,.. something where if I am called it is easier for me to get away from the hand on the flop (whereas with K3.. what flop do you want to see?)

this is an odd question imo

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too sure if I would even want to see a flop with K3 unless u flop quads.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Okay.. being nice here. Even considering making a move here imo is a perfect description of what so many of the players who play in those $3KO-90plyr Sng's are.. Loose-Aggro-Chipspewers (Their stacks go up & down like a yo-yo, rarely consider that SS's will shove back at their loose range preflop raises, pricing themselves in to making bad calls, etc. They seem to thrive on action - playing to win seems to be outweighed by the thrill & adrenaline rush of action).

Why choose a spot like this to make a move? Very interested in hearing a response (seriously). It always helps to get into the mind of other players on the tables and alot of the time I seem to have troubles with that (especially with the "Maniac"... sure they want to showdown some junk and be applying constant pressure so that then their big hands will get action but I think where alot of them fail at this is to be able to change gears,... ie. like not making a move with K-3o OOP).

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was going to post part of the next one, but decided against it. The plan was to post parts of the entire hand as I want along, but not going to now. Because, I did check (I wouldn't raise pre-flop with K/3.. but you never know, some people might), and was going to ask opinions on the next move and so forth.. but I decided against doing that, since it started out as a "dumb question" and just didn't feel like being poked fun of because of an assumption.

So this'll be the last time I post in this thread. This is what I was going to post next, though, and ask opinions on the next move:

Morticore checks
*** FLOP *** [7d Kc Jc]
Seat 8 checks
Morticore ???

oh.. & btw.. you say you don't like KJ, KT, etc.,.. but I've watched you play and have seen you call vs. tight TAG w KJ, KT, etc.

You've seen me call with those everytime? Just because you've seen me do it before, does mean I do it all the time.