$3 NLHE Bounty: Bad Calls? I slowly build my stack then take repeated hits like this.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3 NL HE Bounty: Bad Calls? I slowly build my stack then take repeated hits like this.

Ok, so in a standard 90people $3.30 SnG on FT. UTG is a massive fish, over around 45 hands hes running 45/36. He raises in any position with any cards, i saw him lead out UTG at a A34 flop with 7,5os into 3 people.. This was the first hand.

Stacks:
BB with 2360
UTG with 7018
UTG+1 with 3940
MP1 with 2200
MP2 with 1430
CO with 5070
BTN with 9725
SB with 8760

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
Dealt to BTN:5♥ 9♥
Preflop:
UTG raises to 350
1 players fold.
MP1 calls [350]
2 players fold.
Hero calls [350]
2 players folded.
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: 1200
Flop:
8♠ 3♥ 5♠
UTG bets [1,200]
3 players fold.
Hero raises to 2,900
UTG calls [1,700]
Total folds this street: 1
Potsize: 5801
Turn:
9♦
UTG bets [3,768, and is all in]
Hero calls [3,768]
UTG shows :
K♣ 9♣ Hero shows :
5♥ 9♥
Potsize: 9572
River:
K♥
UTG shows two pair, Kings and Nines
Hero shows two pair, Nines and Fives
UTG wins the pot (14,536) with two pair, Kings and Nines

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

5 hands later, this hand plays out. Villain, this was the third time villain had pushed in EP all in. He had shown middle PP one other time.

Show this hand to others: https://www.cardschat.com/hand/7867

Stacks:
MP2 with 5600
MP3 with 10629
CO with 3460
BTN with 2950
SB with 1730
BB with 1310
UTG with 4710
UTG+1 with 6854
MP1 with 6450

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to UTG+1:K♦ A♦
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
UTG raises to 4,710, and is all in
UTG+1 calls [4,710]
UTG shows :
3♠ 3♣
UTG+1 shows :
K♦ A♦
7 players folded.
Total folds this street: 7
Potsize: 9600
Flop:
4♣ 4♠ 10♦
Turn:
A♠
River:
3♥
UTG shows a full house, Threes full of Fours
UTG+1 shows two pair, Aces and Fours
UTG wins the pot (9,600) with a full house, Threes full of Fours

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand... When you play 5h9h your looking for a few things on the flop.

1. flush or flush draw
2. straight or straight draw (draw here is unlikely except gutshot)
3. two-pair or trips.

If none of these come i glady throw my hand away ESPECIALLY if someone is playing loose. I do play these types of hands frequently early in tournaments when there are limpers. i personally wouldnt have done this with a raise and 3 callers.

As for the hand post-flop. imo raising a super super loose player for 1/3 of your chips with 2nd pair and an aweful kicker is the wrong move. You know he isnt going to fold to a raise. if you think he is playing two overcards and the turn and river come A thru to 10 your just hoping he didnt hit those. to beat a player like this you need to get a monster... any of the 3 options noted above.

As for the turn and after. you got super lucky, and super unlucky. Would you have called an all-in if the turn was 10, J, Q, K, A ???

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry forgot about the 2nd hand. just ask yourself this... at the wsop and some hammered drunk guy is just shoving all in every hand. would you call with AdKd if your answer is yes then ok. but personally id wait for 10s-As or just make yourself a nice lunch and wait till someone else knocks them out or moves tables.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the response, unless im calling with something hits a set on that board im still going to lose even KK. I knew i was against a PP, and had decided AKsuited was enough to wager with. The first hand, if i didnt hit my 2nd pair on the turn, that hand was going to be folded, or checked back. This guy was playing ridiculously bad, i played a risky hand, and got beat guess thats all it comes down too.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the first hand played with this madman, your preflop call was terrible. If indeed you expect him to play loose/aggressive, you should have tightened up your game. Pick a better spot to make a play. Its a little apparent you're unable to handle player of this caliber. If you do have the patience, you may opt to wait for the table to restructure/rearrange players. Hopefully you don't encounter maniac play.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the pf play in the first hand was ok if he makes sure that he doesnt overplay mid-bottom pair on the flop when it probably wont hold up for the win. and i know if you didnt hit your 2nd pair on the turn you would have shut down but what do you expect your aggressive player to do after a raise.. you know he wont fold. so make sure you have a much stronger hand or draw to stronger hand

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with robert_wrath on this one. I can't see why you'd play the first hand, even in a later position. Especially when you've got a fish on the line, 5-9 Suited's not gonna help you reel him in. I'd just wait until you've got the nuts to fleece this guy. Or at least a face card.....

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry forgot about the 2nd hand. just ask yourself this... at the WSOP and some hammered drunk guy is just shoving all in every hand. would you call with AdKd if your answer is yes then ok. but personally id wait for 10s-As or just make yourself a nice lunch and wait till someone else knocks them out or moves tables.

??? If I have Ad/Kd and some drunk guy is shoving all in every hand, not only am I calling, but I am fistpumping so hard that I probably knock him out

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see someone else shoving constantly, I will try to wait and let someone else call his all in and start taking their chips. Once they are knocke out, then I will start playing my game.

First hand, I wouldnt have even played. Should have folded preflop. I can see you making the call on the second hand, just a typical suckout. But you knew you would be in a race when you entered the hand

G

grvicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok hes a fish i get that so why in the world are you getting involved with 59s just wait for the nuts and get it in hes never folding i dont understand that thinking. anyways so you flop essentially the nuts and get it in on the turn and get sucked out on whatever. hand 2 is completely standard imo you're never folding because the guys a monkey

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like these sngs and play alot of them.

There are alot of these type of <*)))>< that play them and my advice is not to lower your hand requirements at all because of them.

Just be patient and their chips will be yours.

Calling with 59h was terrible, even though you got really unlucky on the river.

I woulda called with AKd myself and that was just cruel.

B

bigmoore24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Sounds like a rough time, im sure you'll do ight in the rest....
Your goin win this fr witout a doubt... Look Good Luck Robert

R

RiverJunkie77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The first hand : when u play a marginal hand like 95s u really want to hit some kind of a flush or straight with it. Even though the UTG was a crazy player u only flopped middle pair on a draw heavy board and he could still easily have u beat and will most probably keep betting on all streets regardless of his hand strength which is going to put u to a tough decision for a lot of chips so i would just fold the flop and look for a better spot as if he was a crazy player raising all the time just wait for a super strong hand to play against him as this will prove far more profitable

The second hand : this is standard from u donkish from him and unfortunate u lost a coinflip.