L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/17/2

HUD stats from 142 hands. Villain has been TAG.

pokerstars, $3.11 + $0.39 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (25 ante) - 2 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

SB: 5,115 (26 bb)
BB (Hero): 8,385 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (350) Hero is BB with K J
SB raises to 400, Hero 3-bets to 1,000, SB 4-bets to 5,090 (all-in), Hero calls 4,090

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh, I'm 3bet/folding all day here. Seems like you're flipping at best vs anyone that's not spazzy

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another boring SB/BB spaz-play. He either has QQ+ or air and is trying to bluff you off your blind. Given that KJs was not worth 3-betting with on BB, this is a clear fold.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another boring SB/BB spaz-play. He either has QQ+ or air and is trying to bluff you off your blind. Given that KJs was not worth 3-betting with on BB, this is a clear fold.
So you're saying you'd flat call pre-flop or fold? I do believe calling the all-in was a mistake (perhaps made because of fatigue/lack of concentration) but am uncertain about my previous action.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the little raise out of position. I would just jam if I'm going to raise here. If your opponent plays well I'd lean towards jam. If they play poorly I'd lean towards just calling.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the little raise out of position. I would just jam if I'm going to raise here. If your opponent plays well I'd lean towards jam. If they play poorly I'd lean towards just calling.

I like this response... I would officially like to change my original advice to this.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad raise versus agressive player. you should call and see the flop, but now you must fold.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands are those stats for? It says Vs 3 bet percentage is only 2%! This should be an insta fold when we get 4 bet by a player who almost never 3 bets. I don't mind going for the 3 bet / fold here or calling the raise and seeing a flop but calling the 4 bet shove is a huge mistake if those stats are real.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many hands are those stats for? It says Vs 3 bet percentage is only 2%! This should be an insta fold when we get 4 bet by a player who almost never 3 bets. I don't mind going for the 3 bet / fold here or calling the raise and seeing a flop but calling the 4 bet shove is a huge mistake if those stats are real.
Where can you see villain's vs 3-bet stat? I only posted vpip/pfr/af. I totally agree calling villain's 4-bet was a mistake btw.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where can you see villain's vs 3-bet stat? I only posted vpip/pfr/af. I totally agree calling villain's 4-bet was a mistake btw.
My mistake, I thought the AF was 3 Bet percentage.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a things I find wrong with your hand/situation. first off you are BB and he is SB so you got a prime hand but still beatable why not call and see a flop. Why did you raise to 1000 with the hand you have 400 was a good bet or call. you see the flop and if you didn't hit then you fold they are going to act first so you just need a hand. I have made this mistake in the past with qq and 10 high on board just to run into 10 10 or kk or AA. don't over value your hand and get excited. use your position to your advantage. you can always re raise them if you see something that they might be drawing for but also remember they are risking their chips too so they are most likely going to have a decent hand. So did you call? What did they have? if you folded you should have never raised. Raise only if you are willing to go all in. Good luck out there The_Bandit

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/17/2

HUD stats from 142 hands. Villain has been TAG.

PokerStars, $3.11 + $0.39 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (25 ante) - 2 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

SB: 5,115 (26 bb)
BB (Hero): 8,385 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (350) Hero is BB with K¢À J¢À
SB raises to 400, Hero 3-bets to 1,000, SB 4-bets to 5,090 (all-in), Hero calls 4,090

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a things I find wrong with your hand/situation. first off you are BB and he is SB so you got a prime hand but still beatable why not call and see a flop. Why did you raise to 1000 with the hand you have 400 was a good bet or call. you see the flop and if you didn't hit then you fold they are going to act first so you just need a hand. I have made this mistake in the past with qq and 10 high on board just to run into 10 10 or kk or AA. don't over value your hand and get excited. use your position to your advantage. you can always re raise them if you see something that they might be drawing for but also remember they are risking their chips too so they are most likely going to have a decent hand. So did you call? What did they have? if you folded you should have never raised. Raise only if you are willing to go all in. Good luck out there The_Bandit

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Thanks Bandit, your reply makes a lot of sense to me. I think you the hit the nail on the head with "don't over value your hand and get excited", I totally did that. There's an article somewhere here on CardsChat about tilt and how it's a spectrum - I must revisit that.
For those who want to know; I called and villain turned over AdJs. Board came 4d-Kh-Td...Qh...4s, villain's straight to the Ace beating my top pair. And he took down the tourney. Still, every day's a school day!

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm far from a headsup expert. I think I fold but most importantly I don't think this is a good 3b candidate. I prefer to 3b a polarized range. at 26bb eff I should already know which value I'm stacking off with. I'd rather 3b fold K2, K3, K4

Folding in Poker