$3.50 NLHE STT: $ : Fold trips otr?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is a fish, no specific reads per se. Should've bet flop then hand would've been much easier to play. As played otr does anyone want to fold?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds 3 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t496)
MP (t484)
CO (t496)
Button (t556)
SB (t474)
Hero (BB) (t494)

Hero's M: 7.84

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif

2 folds, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB calls t15, Hero checks

Flop: (t108) 9
club.gif
, Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t108) 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t60, Hero calls t60, CO calls t60

River: (t288) 8
club.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t288, Hero ???

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your plan worked perfectly (im assuming you had a plan). Why on earth do you want to fold now ? Your hand is under-repped and looks like 9x all day, shove, fistpump, kick ones self when he shows 44.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TJ i think, but yeah, you kind of worked this one out for yourself.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its just that your hand is so under-repped he could easily be value betting the 9, hell even the 4 on the flop, then turning his hand into a bluff on the river

i am not saying your always good here, i just dont think you can throw it away, i would be calling anyway

leading the flop would have been easier to play, but i think a check there is good

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think the bet's so big and I have to be right like 33% of the time that I can maybe fold (although I don't think there is loads in it). With this big bet he weights his hand heavily towards value imo.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to call, but why didn't you reraise earlier? I agree with tenbob, it looks like you are weak calling with 9X and maybe he is trying to push you off of it. He could have A9 or K9 or something. It doesn't seem like he has a Q, but it's possible. He probably doesn't have 99 or 88 or any middle to higher pockets since he didn't raise or shvoe pre, so 44 is the only other likely hand besides a Q that has you beat. You gotta call. Especially in these turbo donk shortstack sngs.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to call, but why didn't you reraise earlier? I agree with tenbob, it looks like you are weak calling with 9X and maybe he is trying to push you off of it. He could have A9 or K9 or something. It doesn't seem like he has a Q, but it's possible. He probably doesn't have 99 or 88 or any middle to higher pockets since he didn't raise or shvoe pre, so 44 is the only other likely hand besides a Q that has you beat. You gotta call. Especially in these turbo donk shortstack sngs.

I was HU on 3 tables whilst i had this up and wasn't really paying attention until turn when I realised I had trips. That's why I didn't raise earlier.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy call, lots villains bet bigger with bluffs and smaller for value. also he can be value betting heaps we beat here. definitely have 33% equity, might even have 50% against if we shove over him.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise turn, call river as played. Looks like a standard spazz out.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn hypers I am always shoving so short in these PF that is why I probably lose always :D

Folding in Poker