$3.50 NLHE STT: Common pre spot that I'm not sure about

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to limp 22-66 in these spots, but tbh mate, I don't know how good that is either. It's not purely a set mine, i mean if it limps round to the blinds, you can pick up dead money when they limp to you. Raising is a bit awkward because you're often tempted to call a shove, for me at least.

Limping here is really, really bad

This is a fold imo. Still too deep to be shoving 33 from MP1.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are simply some people out there who think every spot has a clear answer and it's a very simple game. Sadly that's not the case, but those people still exist.

Obviously ever spot has different options but the worst by far in this situation is limping.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless i'm losing the plot here, there is an ante in play, so we haven't got 17bb stacks. We always use effective stacks in these spots, so our effective stack is less than 14bb's. And we're not MP1, it's the HJ position, basically late position.

the blinds are almost certainly about to go up, they usually last 3 minutes or so in these games. So if the next blind level is 20/40 with an ante we're suddenly under that 10 bb effective unless we steal these chips.

The only thing that doesn't make this an absolute clear cut shove is the fact that people in hypers call shoves a lot, so that's pretty much the only thing making this close.

Fwiw, i think most of you guys should really be looking at the smaller details of hands, stuff like stack size is way more important here than anything, and going by effective stack size is even more important, otherwise your almost certainly missing out on spots you shouldn't be.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is an instant shove then? I presume we just fold if blinds are 10/20 with an ante of 2?

I think i;m going to watch some $15 tables for a few hours later and make notes of what the winning palyers are showing down with when they open shove, raise etc etc.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is an instant shove then? I presume we just fold if blinds are 10/20 with an ante of 2?

I think i;m going to watch some $15 tables for a few hours later and make notes of what the winning palyers are showing down with when they open shove, raise etc etc.

yeah it's pretty interesting. A friend and I did a study last year doing something similar, but we actually bought HH and input them into a tracker (i still hate myself for giving PTR money btw). the results we're interesting, there is definitely room to kind of do your own thing in STT, a lot of the top guys at the old $16 9 man turbo level have very differant styles.