$3.50 NLHE MTT: Unknown shoves from UTG, call 22 from late position 5bb deep?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $3.19+$0.31|150/300 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 2,895.00
UTG+1: 3,620.00
MP: 5,210.00
Hero (CO): 1,710.00
BTN: 3,115.00
SB: 3,860.00
BB: 1,950.00

UTG posts ante 25.00, UTG+1 posts ante 25.00, MP posts ante 25.00, Hero posts ante 25.00, BTN posts ante 25.00, SB posts ante 25.00, BB posts ante 25.00, SB posts SB 150.00, BB posts BB 300.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 625.00) Hero has 2:club: 2:heart:

UTG raises to 2,870.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero calls 1,685.00 and is all-in,

J

Justinawe12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any raise from UTG should be a sign that villain has some kind of big hand. Yea you're short stacked, and a pair look nice, but you gotta realize you're most likely dominated by a bigger pair. Best case scenario is you're flipping against AK or AQ. Out of curiosity, do you have any stats on this guy?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad call at best you're flipping. Just shove any 2 next hand.

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any raise from UTG should be a sign that villain has some kind of big hand. Yea you're short stacked, and a pair look nice, but you gotta realize you're most likely dominated by a bigger pair. Best case scenario is you're flipping against AK or AQ. Out of curiosity, do you have any stats on this guy?
I actualy think villan has A pretty wide range here since he does not want to get smacked when the blinds hit but I'm still folding any shoving any 2 next hand if it folds to you.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id be willing to wager its very close mathmatically I would probably call/shove but would not be surprised if the math comes out slightly in favor of a fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I call. Might be close as far as cEV goes but the benefit of more than doubling up here & getting us back up to a stack that would at least have FE for open-shoves should count for something.
Also, in a $3 mtt with effective stacks all bein' short, I think we can comfortably take AA, KK, QQ, JJ, out of villain's range.

We're getting 1.36 to 1 (needing ~42% from a cEV perspective.. but taking into account what I wrote above > there's an upside to getting it in bad here), with ~39% equity vs. villain's range here I think we should call.
(this was with putting villain on tight range > ~ ATs+, AJo+, 66-TT )

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PO sums it up

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call. Might be close as far as cEV goes but the benefit of more than doubling up here & getting us back up to a stack that would at least have FE for open-shoves should count for something.
Also, in a $3 mtt with effective stacks all bein' short, I think we can comfortably take AA, KK, QQ, JJ, out of villain's range.

We're getting 1.36 to 1 (needing ~42% from a cEV perspective.. but taking into account what I wrote above > there's an upside to getting it in bad here), with ~39% equity vs. villain's range here I think we should call.
(this was with putting villain on tight range > ~ ATs+, AJo+, 66-TT )

I dont understand why we can remove the top of his range?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand why we can remove the top of his range?

because premiums usually open limp/min raise to induce at these levels. most regs to keep their range wide will limp call with like 99+/kqs+/AJo+ at these levels.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because premiums usually open limp/min raise to induce at these levels. most regs to keep their range wide will limp call with like 99+/kqs+/AJo+ at these levels.

Usually means we cant remove them. Also I dont belive they do at all. Quite the contrary sometimes, a lot of players with JJ will make extensive scared raises.

Edit: Also regs limp calling with <10BB's... not sure about that at all.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually means we cant remove them. Also I dont belive they do at all. Quite the contrary sometimes, a lot of players with JJ will make extensive scared raises.

limp/minraise call. srsly, it happens more often than you'd think.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

usually means you can remove them, or at the very least severely discount them

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually means you can remove them, or at the very least severely discount them

So you also think 1010+ gets limped pre? Explanation? Maybe Im missing something.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you also think 1010+ gets limped pre? Explanation? Maybe Im missing something.

at least some of the time, but everyone seems to be missing the rest of PO post which sums up why this is a call

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least some of the time, but everyone seems to be missing the rest of PO post which sums up why this is a call

Yeah I now think a call is okay (cos of PO's post), was just wondering how the top of his range can be removed. However, I think folding and shoving ATC next hand is far more yielding.