$3.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: 18-Man:

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 (blinds 400/200/100)

Already ITM, 15bb´s left so kind of trouble spot for me with 33, bb is a rock wich make me feel ok to min-raise in here wich usually don´t like with less than 20bb´s, but sb is a maniac player that already made some loose allin calls before, so if min-raise i think will be called for sure by him, and even if shove think could be call it by him. So no idea.

33final4
-----------------------------

Hand 2 (blinds 400/200/150)

Fold to us, easy shove, right?
J9sfinal6

Actions
Hand 1: Shove
Hand 2: Shove (we are in 5 so can´t let this round pass, next hands big stack will be in blinds, and bb now is a rock so i think is ok, right?. )

I think hand 1 is similar to Ben (with ducks) but with less room in stacks.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm open shoving both.

The 3's don't really play too well, and with only ~12 adjusted BB, it seems like the only play is to shove.

The J9s is a really easy shove, i doubt we're gonna get a better spot than this, and J9s plays really well against any calling range.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm open shoving both.

The 3's don't really play too well, and with only ~12 adjusted BB, it seems like the only play is to shove.

The J9s is a really easy shove, i doubt we're gonna get a better spot than this, and J9s plays really well against any calling range.
Yep, i ended shoving both.

The 3´s was 80% sure will be called by sb wich mean will be flipping at best but not much room left, so i shove (sb call with KTo, bye me), the good thing is that were already ITM, so the times that hand hold will have a lot of chance to get 1st.

J9´s comment on that above, just making sure.

Thanks Wizz.

What games are you playing?, i think see you in BOP leaderboard, still with the 6max?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's calling with 80% of hands? or did you just have a feeling he would call you this specific occasion?

That feeling is usually fear of being called, and it's something you should really eradicate from you're game very quickly as it will cost you a lot of money.

I'm mixing it up between 6max and 9 max, both turbo and non turbo, and also the turbo 180's. Pretty much whatever games are running, or whatever games look the best in terms of regs playing. I tend to play the 9 mans or 180's in the busy times and the 6max in the quiet times.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's calling with 80% of hands? or did you just have a feeling he would call you this specific occasion?

That feeling is usually fear of being called, and it's something you should really eradicate from you're game very quickly as it will cost you a lot of money.

I'm mixing it up between 6max and 9 max, both turbo and non turbo, and also the turbo 180's. Pretty much whatever games are running, or whatever games look the best in terms of regs playing. I tend to play the 9 mans or 180's in the busy times and the 6max in the quiet times.
In this particular game villain already call 3 or 4 times allins with crappy hands and get lucky, (with crappy hands mean TJ, Q8s, AX when have same stack and not in panic before bubble and was calling not pushing.) reason why he have that stack and still was in, and also the reason why put him the dice on.

The 80% was just a random number trying to tell you that he was a light caller. It was just a feeling from see him play in this game, and he call me at the end (with KTo), so i was correct. Still that don´t stop me to shove but the question was if have the chance to fold or not at this level if know/feel at best we are fliping and we are not last.
sb is a maniac player that already made some loose allin calls before, so if min-raise i think will be called for sure by him, and even if shove think could be call it by him. So no idea.
Agree that it hurt long term if can´t manage to shove any2 at a given time, used to have that fear to be called, but not any more to be honest.

Damn, how can manage to play 6max turbo with fast action packed and so short time, then change to a turtle game like 180´s:D

GLGLGL

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, it seems that i mis-read your stack size. Since he is probably calling wide when he shouldn't with pretty hands (Ax, broadway/pairs) he probably calls wider now that we're ITM.

ALso, picking up 700 chips doesn't really change our equity position at all, we're still in 3rd place so it doesn't change.

We can try to min-raise here, but we're asking for the sb to screw with us, 33 plays horribly post and we're always having to bluff c-bet the flop if called (depending on flop). The only reason i would like the raise, is that we're also up against two tight players, and the SB is OOP, so we can outplay him postflop hopefully. If we don't feel comfortable playing this postflop, then i'd just suggest folding.

Last edited: