$3.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: 18-Man:99 in bubble spots

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is easy to read this way than in HH (at least for me)

Topic name say it but to make it clear, 18-Man, final table.

Hand 1 (blinds 400/200/25)

Last 6 (pay4), we have 99 in sb, folded to BTN wich min-raise, the only thing that worry me is that villain steal% is kind of low (S:19) and is min-raising (with 11bb´s) to the bb who is a LAG, so not sure if want to be call (because not push in first place) or is just trying to get the blinds cheap and not risking pushing versus a loose bb. so Hero?.
99final6
-----------------

Hand 2 (blinds 800/400/25)
Last 5 (pay4), utg shove and is folded to us in sb with 99, Hero?
99final5

Actions
Hand 1: shove (Pot is already big (50% of what we have) and we are in 5, Villain is in 4 but if not have a Monster still have room to fold, so we need to make a move right?.
Hand 2: Fold (usually call with TT+, even JJ+ if player is a nit, but not have Wizz anymore, so not sure if is in the line in this case, probably not enough to call right?)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First one is easy jam IMO. Second one is a lot closer, I don't know much about ICM..but I probably call anyway because I'm a fish :)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st hand I push.. no thoughts
2nd hand I prolly fold...No I do fold

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About hand 2.

Someone in 2+2 do me the favor and load it in Wizz, it looks is a call but close.
sngwiz.png
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First one seems like an easy re-steal.

Second one to me what matters most is how we percieve the table dynamics, are we beeing presented with a lot of shoving spots, do we have tight players on our left, or aggressive players on our right etc.

Without that info i'd default to a call, but if we have a really nice table setup we can think about folding and taking advantage of that.

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you put this hand into Wiz the way it is, it obviously says its a shove. However, SNG Wizard overvalues the fact that if we lose we are not "technically" knocked out. In this situation, if we lose, we are left with around 1700 chips with the blinds at 400/800- not an ideal situation (essentially we would then need to get a bit lucky to make the money). If you put the UTG stack the same as yours, then your calling range goes to JJ+. Usually in these situations, I err on the side of being more conservative on the bubble than Wiz suggests if I only have my opponent covered by a small margin.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you put this hand into Wiz the way it is, it obviously says its a shove. However, SNG Wizard overvalues the fact that if we lose we are not "technically" knocked out. In this situation, if we lose, we are left with around 1700 chips with the blinds at 400/800- not an ideal situation (essentially we would then need to get a bit lucky to make the money). If you put the UTG stack the same as yours, then your calling range goes to JJ+. Usually in these situations, I err on the side of being more conservative on the bubble than Wiz suggests if I only have my opponent covered by a small margin.

True, but it also doesn't take into account table dynamics. And future blind scenario's. When we factor those things in, we can probably loosen our range up a touch, and also, if the blinds are going up soon, i'd loosen it more. Adding to that, if the table is letting us get away with a heap of steals, i'm more likely to fold(tigten my range), if they are not, then i'm likely to just take this spot on(loosen it).

It's true that it overvalues the stack remaining, as we have little to no fold equity if we call and lose, but we can't discount all the other factors in play here as well.

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree. There are plenty of other factors to consider. Table dynamics and blind level changes are always important. I just wanted to address the SNG Wizard aspect as it shows a clear call, but understanding its flaws can help us make better decisions. One of those big flaws has to do with the technicality of still being alive in the SNG if we call an all in but in reality, we know we can't do much with 2BB, so it may be better to run these scenarios with equal stacks to get a more accurate calling range.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we call and lose, chips left are only 640, wich is not even 1bb.

If you put the UTG stack the same as yours, then your calling range goes to JJ+. Usually in these situations, I err on the side of being more conservative on the bubble than Wiz suggests if I only have my opponent covered by a small margin.
That was my first think about the hand.
Hand 2: Fold (usually call with TT+, even JJ+ if player is a nit, but not have Wizz anymore, so not sure if is in the line in this case, probably not enough to call right?)

But this by Wizz makes perfect sense and think will help me more in future to make decisions.
Adding to that, if the table is letting us get away with a heap of steals, i'm more likely to fold(tigten my range), if they are not, then i'm likely to just take this spot on(loosen it).

Also this by Loshed
but understanding its flaws can help us make better decisions

That is something that Wizzim as mention too alot of times, this is from other hand.
Also i can pretty much guarantee 99% of SNG players have no idea how to use it properly and are probably hurting their game more than anything.

So what i get is that SNG Wizzard have flaws, and is only helpfull if know how it works and how to manage. Then SNG Wizzard should not be follow 100% like a bibble, but balance all things happening in the hand.

Thank you both, still a lot to learn.

Last edited: