$3.50 NLHE MTT: $3.50 18 player marginal spot

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of this play? I know I won the hand but I dunno, didn't feel I played it paticularly well and marked it for review but watched it back a few times but can't think constructively when I know the hole cards. Try reading it through before you look at his hole cards which I've left in at the bottom. Think this is the 2nd hand in so no reads or anything. Pot control sort of went out the window and i found myself sort of commited.

PokerStars - $3.11+$0.39|10/20 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: 1,530.00
MP+1: 1,480.00
LP: 1,840.00
CO: 1,220.00
BTN: 1,470.00
Hero (SB): 1,460.00
BB: 1,500.00
UTG: 1,500.00
UTG+1: 1,500.00

Hero posts SB 10.00, BB posts BB 20.00

Pre Flop: (30.00) Hero has A:heart: Q:heart:

UTG calls 20.00, fold, fold, fold, LP raises to 60.00, CO calls 60.00, fold, Hero raises to 240.00, fold, fold, LP calls 180.00, fold

Flop: (580.00, 2 players) 2:heart: 6:spade: K:spade:
Hero bets 400.00, LP calls 400.00

Turn: (1380.00, 2 players) A:diamond:
Hero checks, LP bets 820.00, Hero calls 820.00 and is all-in

River: (3020.00, 2 players) K:heart:

[spoil]Hero shows A:heart: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (PreFlop 61%, Flop 48%, Turn 75%)
LP shows J:spade: T:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 39%, Flop 52%, Turn 25%)
Hero wins 3,020.00
[/spoil]

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you find yourself with way less than a PSB on the turn, you probably did something wrong.

3-betting pre is meh, I don't mind playing postflop with this hand. If you 3-bet I'd make it smaller, bet way smaller on the flop and probably C-R turn.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i'm usually just flatting here in or out of position. It plays well multiway as long as you don't spaz out to action if you only have one pair postflop.

The flop bet is huge, you have at this point basically bluffed half your stack away with no pair and no draw.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you find yourself with way less than a PSB on the turn, you probably did something wrong.

What does PSB stand for?

As for the hand itself, I don't really like it to be honest...I mean what was your plan had you gotten C/R on the flop? On the turn you hit your hand and I mean you can't really ever fold now right? So With that I don't really mind getting it in on the turn....The reason I don't mind getting it on the turn is because there is no C/R on the flop after you put in that Massive bet+close to half you stack...So because of this reason alone I'd feel that AK is out of the question to be honest....You'd also think that AK would've RR pre if not at least on that flop (Unless they were trying to Really under rep there hand)...22-66, Most diffently would've CIB (Once again just assuming that Villain, would want you to stack him and/or make it easier to get it all in on the turn)....So the only real question I have for you is lets assume Turn isn't the Ace but a brick, Nor a spade....Are you still checking?This is why you'd want to make your 3 bets pre smaller, and bet way smaller on the flop just on the off chance that you must be forced to fold on the turn.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I prefere flatting here at this stage in the tournament. A,Qs OOP still play well.

As played,I think I bet slightly smaller on the flop and just shove the turn. Most draws are caling here, any Ace here will be calling and you have him domianted as A,K is more likly 4 bet shoving you PF.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers for replies, the more I look at it and the more I think about my play the more I hate it. Think the raise was to try and defend my blind, hand became a semi-bluff from that point on. Guess I figured someone might have a PP and fold when I continuation bet any face card that comes. I'd given up after the flop but I hit the ace which saved my arse.

Also not a fan of playing AQ out of position so was looking to try and take the pot down there. Pot swelled and I was in the shit.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cbet is way too big

3betting pre doesn't seem that terrible if we're in position but out of position doesn't seem quite so fun given the strength he's shown