TakMits

TakMits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14.25/9.89/1

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1425)
MP2 (t1145)
MP3 (t1775)
CO (t1370)
Button (t2400)
Hero (SB) (t1360)
BB (t1480)
UTG (t1835)
UTG+1 (t710)

Hero's M: 18.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10
spade.gif
, 10
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 bets t150, MP2 calls t150, 3 folds, Hero calls t125, 1 fold

Flop: (t500) 7
heart.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
, 7
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets t225, MP1 calls t225, 1 fold

Turn: (t950) 5
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero ???

here is my questions:
1)pre flop: fold,call or reraise?
2)flop: check/fold, check/call or bet out?
3)turn: now what? really i don't know what to do...

any advice would be apriciated!

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure, villian is kinda tight, but with dead money it's hard not to shove.

Oh,and with like 350+ chips in the middle pre-flop, it's a shove or fold situation pre.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise fairly big pre to like 650 then just shove flop. As played if he tends to continuation bet just check/raise to AI. If you want to bet out bet bigger. The 5 is as blank as you'll see and if you think we're good on a very dry board then we're still in good shape now. Probably only behind JJ+ but he probably raises your flop bet so I prefer just shoving turn.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh,and with like 350+ chips in the middle pre-flop, it's a shove or fold situation pre.

+1 and unless you are VERY sure MP1 only has JJ+ you should be shoving preflop here.

TheCol

TheCol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the call from the hero pre-flop.
Now on the flop hero bets and gets called. Pretty standard with over pair.
Now on the turn check/raise would be good. To see where your at in the hand. But if the mp1 checks you will get to see another card for free. And hopefully you hit your set on the river.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably only behind JJ+ but he probably raises your flop bet so I prefer just shoving turn.

You'd think, but sometimes the guy with the JJ just calls ya. I had a situation with TT and 4 undercards like this. Villain on BTN just called my preflop raise. He called my flop bet. Then I just decided to pot size shove.

He flips over JJ. Surprised me. I'd do it again though.

----

And as is in OP's hand in question, I'd just shove the turn. If he has JJ or QQ, so be it.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just on a sidenote, I don't know about the higher levels, but in the micro's I see it quit often they flip over JJ or QQ, without raising, but letting others doing the raising for them.

In this case MP1 bets and MP2 just calls. So I wouldn't be to scared of MP2 pf.
Remains the question, what does MP1 have ?
Without knowing the guy, I would say 55+ , A10+ so ín most cases you'll have the best hand preflop.
I'm pretty sure I would push preflop because of the money already in the middle.

As played however, you're pretty much set-mining, but you get a very good flop so you can continue without hitting your set.
I think an A or K on the flop would end the hand for you, but that's not the case and you only get a call to your raise.
The turn is a blank and I think you should continue and get it in.
Any raise is committing you, so just push.

If he folds, great because you win a nice pot without risking a scarey river. In case he calls....double up or start another one.

And guys, this is just my opinion, so correct me if I'm totally wrong.

Last edited:
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally, I would have shipped pre. Dead money + strong hand + 3bet shoving from sb looks really strong and could get folds = shove.

If no pre shove then you should have only bet the flop with the intention of getting it in on a safeish turn. Shouldn't be putting chips out there with no plan or intent. Hoping to take it down should not be the only reason you led out here. Once called, shove the turn. He shows up with overs more times than he does with JJ+ and you already put in 1/4 of your stack. If you're wrong, fire up another. If you're right you take down a good pot. If you're right and called, you're the new chipleader.