$3.30 NLHE STT: Was folding correct here?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
US
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

This was a 9man SnG down to 5 players and I have the chip lead. This guy was down to like 2 BB in the 2nd hand when I shoved KK on the Turn after he and another guy called my Flop bet (this guy called a 5T5 flop with AT). He managed to chip up and had like 14 BB by this stage.

I think my call with J5o from the BB to his BTN minraise is pretty standard. I flopped middle pair so really trying to get to showdown cheaply. Not sure what he would have raised PF with and then bet the pot on the Flop. A7s, A5, KQs, AKs Other suited hearts?? He could have 44 or 77 here, I guess. But I would have expected a smaller bet on the flop or even a check back.

I have around 40% equity against a random hand but didn't think it was worth 20% of my stack on middle pair. Seems like the right fold given the range he could be playing. Agree?

(Was only able to take 2nd in this one due to a couple of unlucky Rivers in a row against the remaining player. Not the guy in this hand. He was the bubble boy in 4th)

NL Holdem $3+$0.25 (200.00BB)
HJ ($4157)
CO ($1794)
BTN ($2882)
SB ($4275)
HERO ($4892)

Dealt to Hero: J 5

HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To $425, SB Folds, HERO Calls $200

Hero SPR on Flop: [2.4 effective]
Flop ($1025): 5 4 7
HERO Checks, BTN Bets $1025 (Rem. Stack: $1432), HERO Folds

BTN wins: $1025

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Preflop
Not sure we have to defend complete trash like this, but its no big mistake either way.

Flop
Normally we would always need to continue, when we flop a pair defending against a late position open, but given, that the board is so extremely connected, and he bet full pot, I like your fold. He has kind of committed himself to the pot, and I just dont think, we are doing well enough against the kind of range, he does this with. If he has a better made hand, we are drawing very thin, and if he has some kind of draw, he has loads of equity.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
US
Preflop
Not sure we have to defend complete trash like this, but its no big mistake either way.

Yeah. Probably the bottom of the hands I am defending with but glad I didn't make a big mistake!

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Hello, I agree in the large part with fundiver. IMO j5o on the big blind it is a fold, this hand is almost without potential, even against wide steal from the button IMO it isn't worth to play this hand. After the flop we can have some problem with this hand if we hit something. There are many better hands to defend big blind like j5s, j5s is better to defend big blind than j5o, it is has bigger potential. As played - fold on the flop, his bet is too big. If he plays smaller bet on the flop, we can call the flop and later call the turn card, if we still have second pair on the turn. GL :)

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Total posts
Awards
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

This was a 9man SnG down to 5 players and I have the chip lead. This guy was down to like 2 BB in the 2nd hand when I shoved KK on the Turn after he and another guy called my Flop bet (this guy called a 5T5 flop with AT). He managed to chip up and had like 14 BB by this stage.

I think my call with J5o from the BB to his BTN minraise is pretty standard. I flopped middle pair so really trying to get to showdown cheaply. Not sure what he would have raised PF with and then bet the pot on the Flop. A7s, A5, KQs, AKs Other suited hearts?? He could have 44 or 77 here, I guess. But I would have expected a smaller bet on the flop or even a check back.

I have around 40% equity against a random hand but didn't think it was worth 20% of my stack on middle pair. Seems like the right fold given the range he could be playing. Agree?

(Was only able to take 2nd in this one due to a couple of unlucky Rivers in a row against the remaining player. Not the guy in this hand. He was the bubble boy in 4th)

NL Holdem $3+$0.25 (200.00BB)
HJ ($4157)
CO ($1794)
BTN ($2882)
SB ($4275)
HERO ($4892)

Dealt to Hero: J 5

HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To $425, SB Folds, HERO Calls $200

Hero SPR on Flop: [2.4 effective]
Flop ($1025): 5 4 7
HERO Checks, BTN Bets $1025 (Rem. Stack: $1432), HERO Folds

BTN wins: $1025
I think we dont defend such hand that you had while we play in low eff stack size~15bb, decause we have no ability to realize so low equity of trash hands postflop.Preflop is fold,call is critical.

Folding in Poker