$3.30 NLHE MTT: Got played with Set of K's

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night i was Playing in a $500 gtd cost me $3.30 to get into it I was in the top ten with 10900 chips in the sb and bb had the chip stack. He was a calling station "sharkscope" Blinds are 100/200 at this time fold all the way around to me I have KQo I bet 400 bb raises to 1400 which he had been doing all throughout the game so i call flop is a dream flop KK10 What a sweat flop. So i bet 744 thinking it was a size he would call not to big not too small He calls. at this point the only way he could beat me was with a AK and the way he has been playing i know he didn't have that after all he is a calling station. flop comes a J gives me a straight draw now but this guy could have anything and the chances of him having a hand that beats me is small I bet 1164 he calls didn't give it much thought after all he is a calling station. river comes 2h no help to anyone so i bet all in for the remaining chips thinking i got this guy after all the trouble he has been causing on the table with his betting. He immediately calls and this SOB had AQo for the straight. I have a set of K"s wow this guy was not only a calling stations but a luck box. all through out the game he was beating people with the dumbest hands he just couldn't lose He did end up being the bubble boy which i enjoyed watching. but put your thoughts about the way i played this and if you would have played it differently

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a "calling station" but he 3bets you preflop "which he has been doing all tournament".
Flop comes KKT so now you're behind AK (and TT, KT) which he can''t possibly have because he's a calling station who 3bet you preflop- I don't think you understand how dealing works, or the concept of a calling station for that matter ,

so you lead out for 1/4 pot- why? he is the preflop aggressor and you've pretty much got this board locked down and very few cards scare us. I don't really see any purpose in donkleading here. Anyways he calls- (obviously)he is a calling staion

J comes on the turn so you lead out again around 1/4 pot again. He calls (obviously) he is a calling station.

River bricks so you shove into his made straight and he calls (obviously) he is a calling station.

So in other words you flopped trips (not a set) after calling his 3bet preflop with KQ, his AQ flopped a gutshot and your weak 1/4 pot bet really gave him no indication that he was beat or certainly not that you were sitting on a K. He got there on the turn and you did not fill up on the river. You had a decent stack and ended up busting, Now you are sad and want to resort to calling people names when their actions during this hand and your reads have already proven otherwise?

Seems to me like he played his hand very well, you played yours extremely poorly and now you're blaming him.

Last edited:

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's a "calling station" but he 3bets you preflop "which he has been doing all tournament".
Flop comes KKT so now you're behind AK (and TT, KT) which he can''t possibly have because he's a calling station who 3bet you preflop- I don't think you understand how dealing works, or the concept of a calling station for that matter ,

so you lead out for 1/4 pot- why? he is the preflop aggressor and you've pretty much got this board locked down and very few cards scare us. I don't really see any purpose in donkleading here. Anyways he calls- (obviously)he is a calling staion

J comes on the turn so you lead out again around 1/4 pot again. He calls (obviously) he is a calling station.

River bricks so you shove into his made straight and he calls (obviously) he is a calling station.

So in other words you flopped trips (not a set) after calling his 3bet preflop with KQ, his AQ flopped a gutshot and your weak 1/4 pot bet really gave him no indication that he was beat or certainly not that you were sitting on a K. He got there on the turn and you did not fill up on the river. You had a decent stack and ended up busting, Now you are sad and want to resort to calling people names when their actions during this hand and your reads have already proven otherwise?

Seems to me like he played his hand very well, you played yours extremely poorly and now you're blaming him.

+1 to this

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yout title is right.
you got played. but not through a bad move. Of course i understand that set of K is tempting but even if he is a calling station he can hit something. look at game a bit more in the case