67.6 KB · Views: 13
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really sure, what you are asking about here or why? When you dont share the actual hand history but only the final result, its almost impossible to give usefull feedback. But I assume, the opponent was bluffing you, and you called. If the bluff was good, is not possible to say without the hand history, since its all about, what kind of story he was telling on the previous streets. It could be a great play, that just did not work out for him this time, or it could be terrible.

As for calling with KK, the issue is obviously, that Q of spades or 87 of spades would give him a straight flush, so even though you had quads, you could somewhat easily be beat. But even so I would find it difficult to fold, since people might be betting for value with A of spades or with a full house. Again it all depends on the previous action, but obviously this time you were good.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Fundiver said, not enough info here for full picture of how the bluff was done but I can safely say you should never be folding in that spot. Not sure what the bet was on the flop before the 2nd king came out but villain will be going with so much that you cant only think they have the nuts. Villain likely will put you on a Kx hand and never think you have KK. With that thought process they may still go strong with your flushes if they believe you would never fold Kx that is not a boat. I dont know if the big bet is solely on the river either.

Pre flop action would/could range out some hands too like Q8 of spades which then could leave only one specific hand that beats you. With all that I dont think however the hand played you could fold once you quad up on the turn. If villain has it, then they have it. I'm betting you already know (since I have played against you enough and you seem to know what you are doing) that you wont make money in poker folding quads.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop action would/could range out some hands too like Q8 of spades which then could leave only one specific hand that beats you.

Any hand with Q of spades had a straight flush on the river, so quads were not exactly the nuts. But of course we dont know, if there was even action on the river, or if the chips were already in before then.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the bluff was good, is not possible to say without the hand history, since its all about, what kind of story he was telling on the previous streets. It could be a great play, that just did not work out for him this time, or it could be terrible.

Just wanted to point out, that proper hand analysis really require the entire hand history and not just a screenshot of showdown. But with that being said this was a terrible bluff by the opponent, almost regardless how it was carried out. We dont want to 5-bet jam 75s preflop for 100BB, and when we completely miss the flop, we should just give up, regardless what the preflop action was. We always want to pick hands to bluff with, that has at least some equity, and 75 of hearts is just totally dead on KT9 all spades.