$3.30 NLHE MTT: Call turn frequency

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not everyone is aware of the 'not bluffing into a dry sidepot' concept.

But I think your river fold is good. Maybe even fold the turn.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never calls river. What the worst hand he will bet here? I think Ax hands will check-back always!

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is another interesting hand:
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724z4SaWk

Do you always call KTs on the turn, or is it mixed frequency? One of the hands where a suit could come into play. I think the river fold is fine since he's unlikely to run a bluff here too often with the sidepot.

Hello,

You played this hand well. Villian doesn't value bet his flush draw after the flop so you get a good price to go to the river. Standard play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the turn is close. Hero range is capped after checking the flop, and BB range is also capped after checking the turn. So its certainly possible, that MP1 could be bluffing or maybe even going for light value with a hand like K9. Heros hand is mostly a bluff catcher though, and it would be better to have Ts than Td. Or even to have KQ/KJ for a better kicker. Or maybe a hand like Ad5d, which might also check for pot control in a multiway pot.

MP1 also cant really have a good draw on the turn considering, that he probably dont call low offsuit hands preflop, and when a flush is already possible, drawing to a straight goes down in value a lot. So I think, that if we look at population tendencies, this is going to be an underbluffed spot, and most of the time we will be shown if not a flush then at least something, which beat KT.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I can see check folding this ON the flop but I like bet 1/4- 1/3 pot then folding much more. If it gets this far I can just fold away on the turn after a small wager. Check fold riv because villains even standard regs dont bluff nearly enough in these spots