644ea0d45c45039fb6f71d69944bf387.png
13857a43e10f3ef7b30920d4c1132f62.png

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a weird donk jam on the turn, if he's going to put all the money in the king can't really change anything that would make him all of a sudden jam. I feel like the best play is probably to fold, but I honestly just don't understand why he'd jam there and I would probably call. You having the q spades is kinda bad because you block quite a few of his most reasonable flush draws and especially combo draws. I kinda wonder if he has kx of spades, it's one of very few combos that make any sense to me even though making that play with kx spades is still bad.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a weird donk jam on the turn, if he's going to put all the money in the king can't really change anything that would make him all of a sudden jam. I feel like the best play is probably to fold, but I honestly just don't understand why he'd jam there and I would probably call. You having the q spades is kinda bad because you block quite a few of his most reasonable flush draws and especially combo draws. I kinda wonder if he has kx of spades, it's one of very few combos that make any sense to me even though making that play with kx spades is still bad.
good read my friend!!!!!
My thoughts exactly so obviously I called and here is the showdown!!!!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but the river doesnt help!!!! gread read great call BAD RIVER
ea9413af45a974276038890d930bd0aa.png

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice score. I prefer the bounty tourneys over just about any other kind. Not on ACR though.

That is a weird jam. I mean, sometimes your K is good there even with the A on the board. And the River......well.....I’ve seen threads started here with much much much less than this one. Lousy break

But excellent work overall. Good $coop!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation spot, I like the 4BB sizing.

Flop
Its up for debate, if I C-bet this or not. The problem is, he have so little behind, he can easily check-jam on you, and then you would have to fold, which obviously suck. On the other side he dont have much room to call, so if he missed, he will either need to fold or turn his hand into a bluff. So I guess, this small bet denies some equity, but overall I lean towards checking back.

Turn
As others have said, this is a pretty weird donk jam. If he had an ace, he would probably have check-jammed the flop, and even if he just made two pair with a weird K6 or K4, why not check to you again and give you the chance to hang yourself. There is so little behind, that even if you check back, he can still get it in on the river. So I think, this looks bluffy, and for that reason I would make the call.

Results
So he got there with his silly draw, and thats just poker. Nice hand and well played :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation spot, I like the 4BB sizing.

Turn
As others have said, this is a pretty weird donk jam. If he had an ace, he would probably have check-jammed the flop, and even if he just made two pair with a weird K6 or K4, why not check to you again and give you the chance to hang yourself. There is so little behind, that even if you check back, he can still get it in on the river. So I think, this looks bluffy, and for that reason I would make the call.

Results
So he got there with his silly draw, and thats just poker. Nice hand and well played :)
If you noticed yet,
I tend to do that odd flop bet often
My reasoning for this.
A. ****by making the bet we gain INFO
If I didn't bet the flop, I would not have the information required to call his turn bet
otherwise we are absolutely clueless and only have his Preflop range" which could be anyfkin thing these days
****Your opponent can't fold if you don't betOften times people will fold to the 1/4 pot bet on the flop when that ace rolls off and they dont have one.

btw my stats make people try to defend with garbage because they think I will be committed and theyl stack me or outplay me with a shove.
This often gets people in weird spots against me with odd holdings in big pots.

Its a dangerous life I live but I wouldn't have it any other way

Folding in Poker