$3.30 NLHE MTT: $$3.30 NLHE MTT: JJ Overpair - Did I do the right thing?

ChrisG1986

ChrisG1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, this is my first attempt at one of these and any help would be much appreciated - whether in relation to the hand itself or how to correctly post etc. Also, if someone could recommend a hand convertor that would be great, I tried following the link in the posting guidelines but it doesn't seem to work.

$3.30 NLHE MTT - Level 4 25/50

Seat 1: Villain 1 - 96BB clear chip leader, LAG, but has folded previously to re-raises
Seat 2
Seat 3
Seat 4: Hero - 26BB (JsJh)
Seat 5: Button
Seat 6: SB
Seat 7: BB - Villain 2 - 42BBLAP, also a calling station, gotten lucky on the river previously
Seat 8
Seat 9

Pre-Flop:

UTG raises 3BB, folded to Villain 1 whocalls. Folded to Hero, who re-raises 6BB, called by Villain 2, UTG folds, Villain 1 calls. 3-way to flop.

Flop

6d 3s 7h

Villain 2
- check
Villain 1 - min bets
Hero - raises 6BB
Villain 2 - calls
Villain 1 - calls

Turn

(6d 3s 7h) Tc

Villain 2 - checks
Villain 1 - min bets
Hero - calls
Villain 2 - calls

River

(6d 3s 7h Tc) Td

Villain 1
- checks
Villain 2 bets 10BB
Hero - ??

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hard to tell but i think bet 9bb on flop and jam turn as played, but your 3bet should be bigger. like 7.2-8bb

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the description is unclear. For example, when you say "UTG raises 3BB" the literal meaning is that his bet size is 4BB. But more often, people raise *to* 3BB. This doesn't matter as much as when you "re-raise 6BB" because at that point, depending on the actual bet sizes, the amount in the pot can be quite different, and so can the stack to pot ratios.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is villain 2 first to act after the flop and turn but villain 1 is first to act on the river?

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to tell but i think bet 9bb on flop and jam turn as played, but your 3bet should be bigger. like 7.2-8bb

yes, definitely raising larger preflop. Also, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it makes it easier to describe your bets post flop in terms of pot size rather than bb's. Regardless, I am putting in a large raise on the flop (probably like 3/4 pot at least) and then shoving on the turn.