$3.3 NLHE STT Turbo: T4o, call with any two or fold?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (3 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t868)
Hero (BB) (t2,868)
Button (t9,764)

Hero's M: 9.56

Preflop: Hero is BB with
4c.gif
th.gif

1 fold, SB raises to t868 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t400

Results below:
SB didn't show
Outcome: SB won t400

Hi guys, it was step1 tournament at FTP. One moment before that hand I doubled up. Places 3-5 - win ticket to step1. Places 1-2 - win ticket to step2. Here - should I call with any two?

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I would fold, call with any Qx Kx Ax any PP and pressure him when in position, you would have nearly double his stack if you fold.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually seems pretty close.

Of course if SB is playing correctly he's shoving any two here, so a call wouldn't be terrible. The big stack having position on us is also concerning because it limits the number of good raise/shove spots we will have so actually the more I think about it the more I like calling here. It's one of those where if SB has 1BB less it's a definite call and if he has 1BB more it's a definite fold though, heh.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great example and I'm stumped.

I don't think either calling or folding is a huge error.

If we think he is pushing any 2, we still can't just call with any 2, that is the strength of the shove. I'd want to have at least an average hand which is more like T-7 or T-8. If we think he is pushing top 80% we have to be even more selective...

Folding in Poker