$3.3 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Flopping a straight flush

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Second hand of a 3,3$ R+A tournament on 888 Poker. Never played with any of the opponents before, so essentially 3 unknowns. Pretty decent flop, so now the only question is, how do we extract value? What is our plan for flop, turn and river?

888Poker, $3 + $0.30 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (3 ante) - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 1,497 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 1,783 (59 bb)
MP: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP+1: 1,497 (50 bb)
CO: 1,277 (43 bb)
BU: 1,482 (49 bb)
SB (Hero): 1,467 (49 bb)
BB: 1,497 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (69) Hero is SB with 5♦ 7♦
UTG calls 30, UTG+1 calls 30, 4 players fold, Hero calls 15, BB checks

Flop: (144) 8♦ 9♦ 6♦ (4 players)
Hero?

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Second hand of a 3,3$ R+A tournament on 888 Poker. Never played with any of the opponents before, so essentially 3 unknowns. Pretty decent flop, so now the only question is, how do we extract value? What is our plan for flop, turn and river?

Hero?

I hate it when i get such flops when i am ALWAYS out of position:mad:

I wouldn't bet at all, just wait if anyone makes a move on the flop and just flat as if I didn't care:rolleyes:

And IF noone bets on the flop I will have to bet something on the turn, maybe 1/4 pot and if everyone folds just go and bang my head in a wall:bawling::bawling::bawling:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 4 people in the pot, I would maybe try the donkiest thing possible and lead for the minimum amount.

Anyone with any piece of the board will have to call, and you may get lucky and induce someone to think that you are obviously weak and have him get out of line.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s always hard to play out of position, and not knowing your opponents and there’s tendency’s. I would try with small donk bet to look like I’m trying to steal pot. If someone has something connected with flop, I don’t think they would fold on a small bet. On turn I would check every none flush card, to induce some bets, or bluffs. River I would put as many chips I can depending on opponent.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hero?

Flop check/call or may be bet very small, about 1bb.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing your opponents in these events makes me think I'm missing out on a lot of earnings - not being allowed to play on PS & 888. Gesus these players SUCK! Where is the closest place to move to to get legal access to 888 form the east coast of the US?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing your opponents in these events makes me think I'm missing out on a lot of earnings - not being allowed to play on PS & 888. Gesus these players SUCK! Where is the closest place to move to to get legal access to 888 form the east coast of the US?

canada or mexico. PS & 888 also operate in a few US states, but people from these states are not allowed to play on the international sites. I should say, that there are also many good players on PS & 888. I just tend to mostly select hands to post, where some bad players were involved, because they are often more fun :)

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting that he had the J of diamonds with the Q on the board. If he'd had the 10 of diamonds too he'd have turned over a nut straight flush over yours when that Q came out.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting that he had the J of diamonds with the Q on the board. If he'd had the 10 of diamonds too he'd have turned over a nut straight flush over yours when that Q came out.

Yeah and then I would have had a great bad beat story to tell :)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Canada or Mexico. PS & 888 also operate in a few US states, but people from these states are not allowed to play on the international sites. I should say, that there are also many good players on PS & 888. I just tend to mostly select hands to post, where some bad players were involved, because they are often more fun :)

I'd definitely enjoy reading some of the hands where the decisions were more difficult for you FD. Some of the ones that have your brow sweating with a tough river decision. I think those hands are a lot more instructional, although I'm not disparaging a lot of the "fun" hands you post. :) They are also pretty enjoyable and add a light comical twist to our community. :icon_thum

And thanks for clearing my misconception up. But I still hold strong that 888 is a fish market. At least at the micro level, everything I've seen points to that belief being more factual than not. ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd definitely enjoy reading some of the hands where the decisions were more difficult for you FD. Some of the ones that have your brow sweating with a tough river decision.

I shared one recently from a 15$ SnG, but so far you are the only one replying. Here is another tough river decision from a 5$ 18-45 man SnG on Stars. I flopped the nut flush, but my opponent could potentially have flopped a straight flush. So maybe I should have folded, when he donk jammed the river?

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

And thanks for clearing my misconception up. But I still hold strong that 888 is a fish market. At least at the micro level, everything I've seen points to that belief being more factual than not. ;)

As a generalisation microstakes tournaments are probably softer on 888 than Stars, but there are less of them running, and it also depends a lot on, when you play.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I shared one recently from a 15$ SnG, but so far you are the only one replying. Here is another tough river decision from a 5$ 18-45 man SnG on Stars. I flopped the nut flush, but my opponent could potentially have flopped a straight flush. So maybe I should have folded, when he donk jammed the river?

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

As a generalisation microstakes tournaments are probably softer on 888 than Stars, but there are less of them running, and it also depends a lot on, when you play.

Funny you post this hand I got looked up by mega station who called me down preflop 3bet and 2 streets to luck into the nut low flush with duces. I overbet on the river - TELLING the fish I had the flush - but he didn't believe me at all. I flopped top 2 with A/K but wasn't good enough to beat the station. lol

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 4 people in the pot, I would maybe try the donkiest thing possible and lead for the minimum amount.

Anyone with any piece of the board will have to call, and you may get lucky and induce someone to think that you are obviously weak and have him get out of line.

Your post made me giggle out loud - because THIS IS THE DONKIEST thing possible - and I see it so often from "those special" players - with terrible / hopeful hands.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would have been a great bad beat story though :)

Ah yes...the bad beat story...

Flopped a set, turned quads, my opponent rivered a gut shot straight flush (runner runner).

And yes, I lost a stack.

Full Flush Poker