$3.3 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Rebuy: 56s in BB.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CCfriends.
I have some issues playing this kind of hands in BB. Could you give any advice please?
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 300/600 (75 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat
Benny787 (UTG): 14,003 (23 bb)
yoel26 (UTG+1): 29,010 (48 bb)
Nightz-Crush (MP): 14,356 (24 bb)
Cruzzercam (MP+1): 6,642 (11 bb)
Shep Proudfoot (LP): 28,399 (47 bb)
AustinS89 (CO): 8,848 (15 bb)
Runninish17 (BU): 11,505 (19 bb)
CJx14 (SB): 21,386 (36 bb)
vatopkr (BB): 12,427 (21 bb)
Pre-Flop: (1,575) Hero (vatopkr) is BB with 5¢À 6¢À
2 players fold, Nightz-Crush (MP) raises to 1,200, Cruzzercam (MP+1) calls 1,200, 4 players fold, vatopkr (BB) calls 600
Flop: (4,575) 3¢À K 4¢¼ (3 players)
vatopkr (BB) checks, Nightz-Crush (MP) bets 1,144, Cruzzercam (MP+1) folds, vatopkr (BB) calls 1,144
Turn: (6,863) 9¢À (2 players)
vatopkr (BB) bets 10,008 (all-in), Nightz-Crush (MP) calls 10,008
River: (26,879) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: 26,879
Showdown:
vatopkr (BB) shows 5¢À 6¢À (high card, King)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 40%, Flop: 36%, Turn: 32%, River: 0%)
Nightz-Crush (MP) shows J¢À K¢¾ (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 60%, Flop: 64%, Turn: 68%, River: 100%)
Nightz-Crush (MP) wins 26,879

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey CCfriends.
I have some issues playing this kind of hands in BB. Could you give any advice please?
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 300/600 (75 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat
Benny787 (UTG): 14,003 (23 bb)
yoel26 (UTG+1): 29,010 (48 bb)
Nightz-Crush (MP): 14,356 (24 bb)
Cruzzercam (MP+1): 6,642 (11 bb)
Shep Proudfoot (LP): 28,399 (47 bb)
AustinS89 (CO): 8,848 (15 bb)
Runninish17 (BU): 11,505 (19 bb)
CJx14 (SB): 21,386 (36 bb)
vatopkr (BB): 12,427 (21 bb)
Pre-Flop: (1,575) Hero (vatopkr) is BB with 5¢À 6¢À
2 players fold, Nightz-Crush (MP) raises to 1,200, Cruzzercam (MP+1) calls 1,200, 4 players fold, vatopkr (BB) calls 600
Flop: (4,575) 3¢À K 4¢¼ (3 players)
vatopkr (BB) checks, Nightz-Crush (MP) bets 1,144, Cruzzercam (MP+1) folds, vatopkr (BB) calls 1,144
Turn: (6,863) 9¢À (2 players)
vatopkr (BB) bets 10,008 (all-in), Nightz-Crush (MP) calls 10,008
River: (26,879) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: 26,879
Showdown:
vatopkr (BB) shows 5¢À 6¢À (high card, King)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 40%, Flop: 36%, Turn: 32%, River: 0%)
Nightz-Crush (MP) shows J¢À K¢¾ (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 60%, Flop: 64%, Turn: 68%, River: 100%)
Nightz-Crush (MP) wins 26,879

Thank you for posting

Ok we have to make reads based on Villain bet sizing
So V bets small into 2 players why?
As u saw it was top pair on a not very dangerous board
How common is that in your player pool?

You shove turn why would a hand that beats KJ do that normally? Check shove ok but 2x pot lead

Also your villains do not fold so we should be only shoving nut hands Vs them

We should be drawing as cheaply as possible vs V who do not fold in tournaments

We need to think about what they think not I would fold a king or maybe they are weak and will fold

Hope this helps

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot . I put him in a draw as well that is why I shoved because of my position.
I think I am risking too much with a combo draw!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are donking the turn for our entire stack?? We are ONLY getting called by better here and we have 5hi...last time I checked there's no showdown value in 5 hi lol. With one card to come, this is a very bad spot to shove. If you truely thought he was on a draw then just shove flop with maximum fold equity and allow yourself to see both cards and realize your own equity for your draw.

The defend is standard, the call on the flop is pretty standard although there can be a case made for us just shoving our open ended draw with the backdoor club draw. I tend to lean more towards calling and leaving myself room to fold the turn when it bricks off and preserving my stack.

The turn gives us additional equity so we cannot fold just yet unless our opponent bets significantly more than half pot. If he bets again, and its half pot or less, we can simply call and fold rivers we do not connect with. Then we have an easy push/fold game left to play.

N

NightzCrush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion from actual villain

Hey mate

Here's a very detailed summary for you, my opinion on it.

While in this current spot you wouldn't get a fold from KJ ever at these stakes, I like the aggression.

If you know I'm never folding, you are risking 10k to win 27k, so you'd need 37% equity to win pot, while you only have 32%, therefore it's bad if you know I'm not folding.

I think the optimal play would be to check and watch my action given 6k in pot, 10k in your stack.

If you face a bet: It would be approximately 3k (given the implied odds easy call, do the maths on this and work out where the bet sizing becomes unprofitable, ignoring ICM which I assume isn't at play you could profitably call a pot bet knowing you'll get the last 4k when you hit), you could choose to check call. There's minimal point donk shoving turn or check raising all in on turn, based on the strength shown by opponent (early position, small cbet into 2 including a super short stack, 2nd bet on turn), and your draws are well hidden and if you hit can expect to receive a call if you donk shove river upon hitting.
If you hit, make sure you donk jam river. The offsuit 2 or 7 might get a jam from KJ, but given the strength you've realized the I have from the above points, they're not folding so a jam is best. People at these levels can be scared of flushes and might nit check, but if you jam they're not folding KJ especially blocking a club. If you miss river I would give up in almost all cases, there'd be 12k in pot and you'd have 7k left, so if you jam I need to be right not often to be profitable calling.

If you face a check: that would signal a potential bluff spot for you on river, as not many players would check a strong king back because big blind range is not really a threat, and they're usually setting up the pot to shove non club, non A rivers. Therefore if I check turn you could put me on a pair between 7-Q (you block 56), or a strange A2-A5 suited cbet, both of which might cbet and call vs short stacks shove. Therefore on river you could bet say 2.5k and expect to be called by any king, and any pair that is not 3rd pair (e.g if I have 88 and river is 10, I'd fold to 2.5k bet by you on K349T, whereas I wouldn't fold QQ-TT on K3498). Open jamming river would be a bad idea as I'd question what you are jamming 1.7x pot for value, only 33, 44, the strangest QJ float ever or a 2 pair, and you're raising flop with 2 pair or sets, which means your value is ultra slim (K9), so you might get ultra thin calls.

If I check turn and you hit one of your cards on river, I'd balance your bluff with a 2.5k approx bet. This might get calls from A4, or strange middling pairs. Or alternatively jam, and make me potentially call suspiciously with a pocket pair (offsuit 2 or 7 is a lot more likely to get called)

Something for you to think about is you put me on a draw, what draw?
That flop is as dry as can be, there are almost no draws. The A2-A5s combos are about it, and if I hold the clubs combo you are in awful shape, and other draws will check turn and allow you to bluff river anyway. If I have a club draw of any shape your jam will likely not get a fold.

Keep trying new things and learning from your mistakes :) see you at the tables

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop this is a very standard defend especially against a mini-raise. Postflop we first need to realise, that we are very shallow against especially MP+1, who cold called with an 11BB stack. This is important, because it minimize fold equity, and we can not run a big multistreet play. So donk leading probably does not make a lot of sense, because if MP+1 connected in any way, he is just going to get it in, and we will usually be behind.

However when the original raiser makes an undersized bet, and MP+1 fold, this is a perfect spot for a check-raise. Here we need to step back at little and talk about range. If you just want to never bluff in this spot, that can be fine in a 3$ tournament. However if you want bluffing to be at least part of your game, you cant possibly find a better hand to do it with than this one. You have 6 high, so whatever you get him to fold, that was great, and when he gives action, you have equity.

I am not fond of your turn donk though. Yes you picked up a flush draw, but its fairly easy for him to sniff out, that you are bluffing. Would you ever donk jam it in his face, if you turned a set of 9`s or two pair with K9? Almost certainly no. You would check to him again and hope, he continued betting his top pair or his air, and depending on his size you might then check-raise all in. So this is probably just a little to unbalanced, and you are literally inviting him to snap you off all day long with a hand like this.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is pretty standard call as you made. You only have 20 BB here so you need to keep that in mind. On the flop it is a easy check for you but once he bets 1/4th of the pot I think you have a decision to make. I dont think you can just call here and play as usual. I think with your stack size this is a check raise jam or its a fold. I know folding here is extremely snug as why would we call and not continue with any draw to only 25% pot bet but the problem is you are committed here easily and early. You are better just going for it meaning you should be calling pre flop with the intention to get a flop to jam it. You got the flop you needed so you need to go and pray that villain either folds or you catch your cards.

If you call the way you do then what are you doing on turns where you miss which will be significant amounts of the time? Are you going to bluff then? This is what you tried to do and even if villain didnt have something they are doing to call somewhat often depending on what that missed turn card was. Better to just go with it on the flop.

Just reiterating, I like the call pre flop. But we are not calling pre flop to get to showdown with these cards. We are calling to get a flop where we can check shove and you dont even need a draw to check shove in these spots. You just need low cards that are somewhat connected to pull this bluff off.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting

Ok we have to make reads based on Villain bet sizing
So V bets small into 2 players why?
As u saw it was top pair on a not very dangerous board
How common is that in your player pool?

You shove turn why would a hand that beats KJ do that normally? Check shove ok but 2x pot lead

Also your villains do not fold so we should be only shoving nut hands Vs them

We should be drawing as cheaply as possible vs V who do not fold in tournaments

We need to think about what they think not I would fold a king or maybe they are weak and will fold

Hope this helps

This is spot on! I don't think there is any reason to get out of line with this villain without a monster hand. Especially at your stack depth. Draw cheaply and you can get away if you miss and extract value when you have a made hand.