$3.3 NLHE MTT Bounty: Mar.6:Call, fold or ...?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

pokerstars, $2.94 + $0.36 - Hold'em No Limit - 35/70 (11 ante) - 8 players

nathan198918 (UTG): 5,527 (79 bb)
OlgaS_812 (UTG+1): 3,711 (53 bb)
maschine1981 (MP): 7,468 (107 bb)
tobsbart (MP+1): 4,428 (63 bb)
Lucker67rus (CO): 8,211 (117 bb)
1numismat (BU): 5,101 (73 bb)
egorpoll (SB): 4,788 (68 bb)
MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB): 4,438 (63 bb)

Pre-Flop: (193) Hero (1numismat) is BTN with K♦ Q♦
nathan198918 (UTG) calls 70, OlgaS_812 (UTG+1) calls 70, 3 players fold, 1numismat (BU) raises to 140, 1 fold, MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB) 3-bets to 840, nathan198918 (UTG) calls 770, 1 fold, 1numismat (BU) calls 700

Flop: (2,713) 7♥ 3♣ Q♣ (3 players)
MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB) bets 1,015, nathan198918 (UTG) folds, 1numismat (BU) -?

M6 33 1

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I would just call on the flop and hope he bluff shoves the turn. The only card you really hate on the turn is an A. Another club wouldn’t be ideal but still don’t think folding on the club turn would be optimal with how many chips are in the pot.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand is a little hard to evaluate/critique as imo you shouldnt be min raising there and when raising you should be raising to a more "normal" sizing like 4x-5x. There is no way to know when you go this small with your raise that the 3 bettor behind just sees this min raise and thinks WTF and raises. Very hard to range them imo. So to begin with I believe you should either raise to 4x-5x here over the limpers or just call behind.

As played, I fold personally fold pre flop. We block QQ and KK which actually scares me in this scenario since they raise to 12 BBs and we block big hands. We have a hand that flops well but if we dont hit how much pressure can we take and if we were even thinking re jam pre we are too weak and also only getting called by better. Folding seems best as played after our min raise pre.

As played on the flop after calling we can only call or jam. Folding would be idiotic imo if we call that raise and then hit top pair and fold. The big problem is we are so stuck in this hand and we really did it to ourselves here. If we call then we are basically committed to going through with it and could be up against it. If we jam on the flop then all worse should easily be able to fold against us since we called a big pre bet and then jammed on the flop over a bet. This is a damned if you do damned if you dont spot to me and in that case we have to find the avenue where we are least damned. I think that is calling flop and then praying no flush or ace comes on turn and either raise jamming or jamming ourselves to get it in. If the ace or flush does come in you are in complete no mans land which again is why I reiterate you should not be min raising pre and then calling 12 BB 3 bets.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Why are you min-raising over two limpers? Unless this was some soft of misclick or misread, get your betsizing fixed. Also while I would normally call a 3-bet in position with KQs, this was a very large 3-bet of no less than 6X your raise, and one of the limpers have already called.

So this is a massive pot already, and if you call behind, you will be pretty pot committed, when you flop top pair. And how great is that realistically going to be, when a decent chunk of his range is QQ, KK, AA, AK and AQ? Unless you specifically make a flush, KQs suffer from the same domination problems as KQo.

Flop
As HP300GOD say, we cant call pre and then fold now, when we flop top pair. So you just need to close your eyes and basically hope, the guy is bluffing with AK or maybe a hand like AJ. Or maybe C-betting 99-JJ, because he dont want to check and give up. Those are at least some hands, he can have, that you now beat.

So the only question is call or jam, and I also lean towards call. If you jam, he probably play a little to perfect by folding hands with 2-3 outs and only continue with hands, that have you crushed or have huge equity like the nut flushdraw. So I would call here, and my plan would be to get it in on any turn card, thats not an ace. Even if clubs come in, he likely only has a handfull of combos of those, and he could be semibluffing with the A or K of it.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

PokerStars, $2.94 + $0.36 - Hold'em No Limit - 35/70 (11 ante) - 8 players

nathan198918 (UTG): 5,527 (79 bb)
OlgaS_812 (UTG+1): 3,711 (53 bb)
maschine1981 (MP): 7,468 (107 bb)
tobsbart (MP+1): 4,428 (63 bb)
Lucker67rus (CO): 8,211 (117 bb)
1numismat (BU): 5,101 (73 bb)
egorpoll (SB): 4,788 (68 bb)
MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB): 4,438 (63 bb)

Pre-Flop: (193) Hero (1numismat) is BTN with K♦ Q♦
nathan198918 (UTG) calls 70, OlgaS_812 (UTG+1) calls 70, 3 players fold, 1numismat (BU) raises to 140, 1 fold, MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB) 3-bets to 840, nathan198918 (UTG) calls 770, 1 fold, 1numismat (BU) calls 700

Flop: (2,713) 7♥ 3♣ Q♣ (3 players)
MOLEKUL;A_4ELOV (BB) bets 1,015, nathan198918 (UTG) folds, 1numismat (BU) -?

View attachment 302055

Thank you for posting

Study point bet sizing.
Why min raise? What was your exact purpose? Did we think our V would be passive?

Study point ranging our V.
What range does the BB play this way? If we thought our V were all passive what does that say about the BB range for this sizing? Why did we call vs that range? How do we respond to that range on this flop?

Ex BB Range AA KK QQ JJ TT ? AK AQ AJ ? What else?
Will the BB bet this flop with QQ-TT for this sizing? Will they shove turn with those hands as bluffs because that is what should happen next with the value hands?

Hope this helps
:):)

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, I would just call on the flop and hope he bluff shoves the turn. The only card you really hate on the turn is an A. Another club wouldn’t be ideal but still don’t think folding on the club turn would be optimal with how many chips are in the pot.

This hand is a little hard to evaluate/critique as imo you shouldnt be min raising there and when raising you should be raising to a more "normal" sizing like 4x-5x. There is no way to know when you go this small with your raise that the 3 bettor behind just sees this min raise and thinks WTF and raises. Very hard to range them imo. So to begin with I believe you should either raise to 4x-5x here over the limpers or just call behind.

As played, I fold personally fold pre flop. We block QQ and KK which actually scares me in this scenario since they raise to 12 BBs and we block big hands. We have a hand that flops well but if we dont hit how much pressure can we take and if we were even thinking re jam pre we are too weak and also only getting called by better. Folding seems best as played after our min raise pre.

As played on the flop after calling we can only call or jam. Folding would be idiotic imo if we call that raise and then hit top pair and fold. The big problem is we are so stuck in this hand and we really did it to ourselves here. If we call then we are basically committed to going through with it and could be up against it. If we jam on the flop then all worse should easily be able to fold against us since we called a big pre bet and then jammed on the flop over a bet. This is a damned if you do damned if you dont spot to me and in that case we have to find the avenue where we are least damned. I think that is calling flop and then praying no flush or ace comes on turn and either raise jamming or jamming ourselves to get it in. If the ace or flush does come in you are in complete no mans land which again is why I reiterate you should not be min raising pre and then calling 12 BB 3 bets.

Preflop
Why are you min-raising over two limpers? Unless this was some soft of misclick or misread, get your betsizing fixed. Also while I would normally call a 3-bet in position with KQs, this was a very large 3-bet of no less than 6X your raise, and one of the limpers have already called.

So this is a massive pot already, and if you call behind, you will be pretty pot committed, when you flop top pair. And how great is that realistically going to be, when a decent chunk of his range is QQ, KK, AA, AK and AQ? Unless you specifically make a flush, KQs suffer from the same domination problems as KQo.

Flop
As HP300GOD say, we cant call pre and then fold now, when we flop top pair. So you just need to close your eyes and basically hope, the guy is bluffing with AK or maybe a hand like AJ. Or maybe C-betting 99-JJ, because he dont want to check and give up. Those are at least some hands, he can have, that you now beat.

So the only question is call or jam, and I also lean towards call. If you jam, he probably play a little to perfect by folding hands with 2-3 outs and only continue with hands, that have you crushed or have huge equity like the nut flushdraw. So I would call here, and my plan would be to get it in on any turn card, thats not an ace. Even if clubs come in, he likely only has a handfull of combos of those, and he could be semibluffing with the A or K of it.

Thank you for posting

Study point bet sizing.
Why min raise? What was your exact purpose? Did we think our V would be passive?

Study point ranging our V.
What range does the BB play this way? If we thought our V were all passive what does that say about the BB range for this sizing? Why did we call vs that range? How do we respond to that range on this flop?

Ex BB Range AA KK QQ JJ TT ? AK AQ AJ ? What else?
Will the BB bet this flop with QQ-TT for this sizing? Will they shove turn with those hands as bluffs because that is what should happen next with the value hands?

Hope this helps
:):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1251Ht1gD

Folding in Poker