No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Later stages of this SnG. Blinds are 100/200 and I have about a 3:1 chip lead over 2nd, 3rd, & 4th places and there are several shorter stacks. Everyone folds around to me on the BTN with K6s. I shove 33bb with only the SB (who only has 4.6bb) and the 2nd place guy w/12bb in the BB. I figure BB cannot call without a premium hand since so many smaller stacks have folded and I have a suited K which should have some equity if called.

Good shove or not?

NL Holdem $3+$0.25 (200.00BB)
MP (9.5BBs)
CO (9.5BBs)
HERO (33.6BBs)
SB (4.6BBs)
BB (12.2BBs) [VPIP: 28.3% | PFR: 15% | AGG: 15.4% | hands: 62]
UTG_1 (10.1BBs)
UTG (10.6BBs)

Dealt to Hero: 6 K

UTG_1 Folds, UTG Folds, MP Folds, CO Folds, HERO Raises To 33.6BBs (allin), SB Folds, BB Calls 11.1BBs (allin)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes its a fine jam. Even though there are still 7 players left, you can apply a lot of ICM-pressure as the runaway chipleader. All the opponents have a big incentive to try to outlast each other, and if you get called and lose, its not the end of the world, since you will still have more than 4.000 chips, which is usually enough to cash. I plugged the hand into ICMizer, and at equilibrium you are jamming 56% of hands here.

This mean, K6s is not even marginal, and it wins you 0,31% of the price pool. Assuming of course the players behind also play at equilibrium. But I think, thats a fair assumption here. BB is supposed to call with 15% of hands, and I dought many people are calling much wider than that. His calling range include A5s and A8o, and I think, some people would actually fold that. So I am fine jamming the equilibrium range here, which is not only any suited K, but also any suited Q or J or any offsuit K.

It is also an option to min-raise instead though. If SB jam, you are committed against him anyway. But against a passive BB, who might mostly defend by calling and then play very fit-or-fold on the flop, min-raising could be a higher EV line. It really depends on, what kind of player BB was, and also your stylistic preference. Regardless though you need to play a wide range in this situation, so K6s is never a fold.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks fundiver. I felt pretty confident and it's nice to get validation from the numbers.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey tzuriel, how are you doing?
Great shove! From ICM perspective, you are fine! A good free resource that you can use to calculate shoving and call ranges from ICM perspective is the Holdem Resources Nash ICM Calculator.
According to it, you can shove with 47,2% of the hands, which is:
22+ Ax K2s+ K6o+ Q3s+ Q9o+ J5s+ J8o+ T6s+ T8o+ 96s+ 98o 85s+ 75s+ 64s+ 54s

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey tzuriel, how are you doing?
Great shove! From ICM perspective, you are fine! A good free resource that you can use to calculate shoving and call ranges from ICM perspective is the Holdem Resources Nash ICM Calculator.
According to it, you can shove with 47,2% of the hands, which is:
22+ Ax K2s+ K6o+ Q3s+ Q9o+ J5s+ J8o+ T6s+ T8o+ 96s+ 98o 85s+ 75s+ 64s+ 54s
Thanks!