ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero UTG +2 3xbb with JJ

Button calls

SB all in for 70bb

Is this a call or a fold? Easy fold with one player left to act behind, right?

(Less than 2 mins before registration close)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless SB is a nit, I am calling here. You are only behind to QQ+, which is 1,5% of hands, and most people are rejamming way wider than that. The guy behind is a further incentive to get it in, because if he had QQ+, he would not just have called. So against him you are always ahead, and he will either fold leaving dead chips in the pot, or call which allow you to potentially triple your stack.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold for me, no need to jam with JJ just because SB say so with his 70bbs all in, it would be reckless, 29 bbs are just enough to keep your play alive and wait for some better chances.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should call here. As Fundiver points out, you're only behind if the shover has QQ, KK, or AA. It's unlikely he has KK or AA because his range is likely capped. This means that if he had a premium hand like AA, he would usually reraise smaller to get action instead of shove 70bb and try to knock everybody out of the pot.

Since you're also getting good odds, I would definitely call with the JJ.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right with this hand and thus the stack you just kolit! And here is to accept whether push from BB already need to think! If he is not a maniac then I think he should understand that you have a good hand and his push can be easily reset!

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
If you have taken notes of that player and you know how he plays, you will have the answer there if it is convenient to call or throw your hand. In a freeroll, with 29BB, I go all in.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my play style, I would call 29bb with JJ in this action. The person who shoves is using pressure because you are shortstuck. He might reraise you with any pair and many aces.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Difficult choice. I really do not like a hand like JJ, but still - it's a call !!!

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that although the small blind is shoving potentially wide, and very few hands are held that are ahead of yours, it’s still a fairly reckless move to call.

I agree that the big stack is pressuring you, but if you call, I think then you bend to his pressure, the big stack isn’t stealing blinds often enough for in this manner. Going out on JJ is dignified, but is being beaten and busted by hands like Q8s, K2s etc?

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EASY standard call less than 30bb, and SB is never 3bet shoving AA KK or QQ.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero loses with Jacks

Button holds with Queens

SB shoved with AKo