25nl 6-max; JJ vs 3-bet

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somewhat TAG game from me, and villain is approaching LAG with ~25/16/5 stats over a couple dozen hands.

Med-big pairs were something that got me into a lot of trouble back when I was 6-maxing FTP 50nl and 25nl. Is this a stack or fold? Remember his stack size is a little small too...

Pokerstars Game (?) HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/11/05 - 21:21:58 (ET)
Table 'Eurydome IV' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: bleffo ($10.45 in chips)
Seat 2: Hero ($25.85 in chips)
Seat 3: gmoney4eva ($17.30 in chips)
Seat 4: IMIvanMilatO ($14.35 in chips)
Seat 5: stealth1915 ($23.90 in chips)
IMIvanMilatO: posts small blind $0.10
stealth1915: posts big blind $0.25

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [
spadeJ.gif
heartJ.gif
]
bleffo: folds
Hero : raises $0.50 to $0.75
gmoney4eva: folds
IMIvanMilatO: raises $2.15 to $2.90
stealth1915: folds
Hero
: ...

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'm putting him on QQ KK or AA, so if you feel like flipping, shove.I'd say that flat calling isn't a great option though. If you do call you could check raise shove to no over cards on the board, but I would just shove right here (I play 10max, so I'm a lttle bias towards big pots ;))

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'm putting him on QQ KK or AA, so if you feel like flipping, shove.I'd say that flat calling isn't a great option though. If you do call you could check raise shove to no over cards on the board, but I would just shove right here (I play 10max, so I'm a lttle bias towards big pots ;))

check-raise in position? i'd like to see that one ;):p

well, don't fold. if his stack is deeper it's generally a pretty easy call (not shove) against this guy. the only reason a shove is alright here is because of his stack size. but you have position so there's nothing wrong with just calling here either

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damnit. I knew there was a reason I generally avoided hand analysis threads :p

Well I'll still go with a shove here, and since you do have position (my bad :() then calling is fine.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh I didn't consider calling. I thought it was push/fold given his stack (agree that this is a pretty standard call w/position w/deeper effective stacks), but didn't even look at the size of it long enough.

So calling with the intention of stacking a rag flop?

edit: could mods also move this to ring games? tyty

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh I didn't consider calling. I thought it was push/fold given his stack (agree that this is a pretty standard call w/position w/deeper effective stacks), but didn't even look at the size of it long enough.

So calling with the intention of stacking a rag flop?

edit: could mods also move this to ring games? tyty

That would be my plan. Can't really see much else to do with it. The only exception would be him overbetting, because that's moer situational.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call PF and outplay his ass on the flop/turn.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How are we supposed to do that when his c-bet will most likely be sticking him in anyways? :(

Anyways, I don't think there's much more to this to be added. I pushed thinking he was shorter than he actually was, and QQ beat my JJ.

I like the call and stack any favourable flop option though. Thanks for the input folksss.