Pot: 1150

FLOP: Q♠ 8♠ 3
Action Flop: HJ checks, Hero bets 600, HJ calls

Pot: 2350

Turn: 8♠

Action Turn: HJ checks, Hero?

Questions
Do you fire the second barrel here?

If so, is there a stack size where you would not fire a second barrel or even cbet? When SPRs are lower.

Thanks

B

bark9188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have the 8 on the turn as a spade as well; assuming one of those is a non-spade.
The flop C-bet seems standard to me. I'm firing again on the turn here after the chck. Limper PF can be playing a number of spade draws as well as JT. The check is pretty soft and I'm not worried about the 8, which you'll know about immediately because you'd see the C/R.

As far as stack sizes, I'm slowing down on the turn if not as deep -- tough to put a number on it but maybe sub 30 BB?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have fired the 2nd bullet on the turn. I have found when I am this deep many players will float the flop to see what you do on the turn. If he calls I would not bet the river even if the ace hits.

I would probably start checking the turn with 20-25 BB left in my stack. The thing is you will more likely have a better read on the players at the table by this point so this is not locked in stone.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise larger pre 200bbs deep this early in a live MTT. Going minimum 600.

Check turn. This is a terrible card for your range and you have few value hands that are comfortable firing twice. The only hands you may fold out from your opponent are low PPs.

M

Madsaac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the replys. I had a closer look at the hand.

BTW that should be the 8 clubs.

Assuming he folds all BDFDs & BDSDs he is folding around 50% of his hands so the cbet of of half pot is hoping he folds 50% of the time. I also have some equity with my hand and position.

Villains range. If he calls, his range would consist of top pair 20%, middle pair 20%, weak pair 35%, FD 15% and GS 10%. (At this stack depth he may have more back door draws as well and he may c/r his top pair some of the time)

Types of turn cards. Because I raised pre and he has lots of weak pairs and draws and gut shots so turn cards good for my range would be aces, kings, jacks, tens and nines non spades. The 8c isnt a great card but.....

When he checks to me he is hoping to get to showdown cheaply or see the next card cheaply or he has turned a big hand and will c/r.

So with a low SPR (20bb to 30bb) maybe turn cbet aces kings and FDs and check everything else?

Thanks

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the stack depth I agree with the idea of larger preflop raising, 550-600 seems more the sizing I'd use. The flop bet is fine, did you have any timing tells or tells in general on the flop call? This would help guide my turn decision. A quick call could well be a draw hand.
Also on the turn was there any timing tells with the check?
In general without reads I like continuing at this stack depth as if we have a solid value hand. To continue with that story Sizing would be between 1/2-2/3 pot in general.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id chk back turn and consider bluffing T/K rivers. Might bluff catch on river blanks. Dislike barreling vs this type of opponent.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm curious how close to the bubble you are. with 200bb i'm less likely to bluff into this one.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the raise pre but would raise a little bigger. 550-700 seems good

It’s a good flop to Cbet when he calls OOP he generally has a piece or a draw. When that 8s comes he’s less likely to fold because either the spades came in or he has trips or 2 pair. As the preflop aggressor you’re the least likely to have an 8. I’d check the turn to give up unless I hit a flush or pair on river.

If he checks turn AND checks River I might bluff