$250 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: did I underplay my KK on a flushy board?

W

wherbie718

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great hand to discuss and this seems to point out to me how important is it to have a (flexible) plan for how you want to play ahead thinking ahead to future streets.

On the flop, you're betting out for value here with a hand that rates to be best with a strong draw. The SB's check-raise seems weak because if he were playing a weak flush, he probably wouldn't want the action to check around since a 4th spades could outdraw his hand and he could lose value from As-x or Ks-x hands or pairs 10 or higher. Also, there aren't any obvious two pair hands that would have called from OOP so we can discredit those hands. So I think we can start put the SB on some sets and likely one pair hands that may or may not contain a spade.

The call on the flop is fine since we have position heads-up for the rest of the hand so I like that. I like controlling the size of the pot with a check on the turn but there aren't a lot of hands that rate to outdraw you here except 55, 88 or JJ.

I kinda waffled back and forth on this, but I think we should be getting value on the turn or the river here. I couldn't see a player checking the nuts back twice after check-raising the flop especially if you have a tight image.

A bet of about 2500 on the river seems about right as played.

Nice hand!

Full Flush Poker