$.25 NLHE MTT: $Mirco NLHE MTT: KK Facing Min C/R

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really can't give you much of a helpful Description except for this Guy is Very Tight, VERY VERY tight...So with that being said I don't know how to Proceed in these Cases? Should I Call, Should I RR Raise (Committing myself), Should I shove, Should I just Fold? What exactly should I do? I also Want to Know how should I perceive the R/R line in General

poker stars $0.23+$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 7 players - View hand 1348200
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): t7978 39.89 BBs
UTG+1: t2580 12.90 BBs
MP: t18230 91.15 BBs
CO: t6030 30.15 BBs
BTN: t585 2.92 BBs
SB: t2230 11.15 BBs
BB: t7742 38.71 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG with K :heart: K :club:
Hero raises to t500, 5 folds, BB calls t300

Flop: (t1100) 3 :club: 8 :heart: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t800, BB raises to t1600, Hero?

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the amount you raised on the flop, especially UTG. Less than 2X raise with pocket kings, you can get in a lot of trouble doing that. The real question is, how are you perceived at the table?
If they see you as a loose aggressive, maybe your opponent think you have A, Q and he is holding pocket 9s. It's possible he may have hit a set. With pocket 3s or 4s on a less than 2X raise, I would call too.
I'd be hard pressed to fold this, even against a tight player. I would reraise here and see what happens.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the amount you raised on the flop, especially UTG. Less than 2X raise with pocket kings, you can get in a lot of trouble doing that. The real question is, how are you perceived at the table?
If they see you as a loose aggressive, maybe your opponent think you have A, Q and he is holding pocket 9s. It's possible he may have hit a set. With pocket 3s or 4s on a less than 2X raise, I would call too.
I'd be hard pressed to fold this, even against a tight player. I would reraise here and see what happens.

Ok Assuming you Would RR, any RR, would Commit you correct? So Exactly what does a RR solved?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding, your raise might of looked weak or he knows people standard c-bet the flop, so "min" raise doesn't show much here, apart form weakness. However, people play the "nuts" like this too, so if they hit a set they are willing to min raise.

It's hard to tell at these limtis, but I'd deffo be shoving here to get rid of a draw of any kind.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm never folding, your raise might of looked weak or he knows people standard c-bet the flop, so "min" raise doesn't show much here, apart form weakness. However, people play the "nuts" like this too, so if they hit a set they are willing to min raise.

It's hard to tell at these limtis, but I'd deffo be shoving here to get rid of a draw of any kind.
What draw?

What do we accomplish by shoving?

I'd 'call' flop & try to get to showdown cheaply. If villain checks river I'm value-betting.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
your raise might of looked weak or he knows people standard c-bet the flop,
How does HERO's raise appear weak? (he's raising 2.5x (standard) from UTG)... & then c-betting on the 'large' side.

OP, I'd c-bet more around 1/2 pot sized bet, maybe 3/5th's

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What draw?

What do we accomplish by shoving?

I'd 'call' flop & try to get to showdown cheaply. If villain checks river I'm value-betting.

I like this approach more, It lets me Find out where we stand in the hand, depending on the action on the turn, Thx for that tip:)

How does HERO's raise appear weak? (he's raising 2.5x (standard) from UTG)... & then c-betting on the 'large' side.

OP, I'd c-bet more around 1/2 pot sized bet, maybe 3/5th's

Ya My C-Bets are something I really need to work on, I either make them too Small or too Large:eek: ...Will try to work on this more often

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord.

Just get it in somehow and be very happy about it.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good lord.

Just get it in somehow and be very happy about it.

So your saying We Shouldn't Be worried about nothing At all? And that this Line isn't really strong at all? Even though We're Up against a Very Very Tight Player who hasn't shown any Tendency to be Spewy/Aggro with out a Real hand or without Full Knowledge of Knowing he's ahead

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's likely bad right?

Bad players like to overvalue hands, hands like pairs, hands like ace high, hands like gutshot straight draws. I'm not saying he will raise those hands. What hands will he raise with? pretty much any pair, sets, two pair, maybe some other random weird crap, who knows.

yes, i don't think we have to be worried here.

Also, how many hands have we played with this guy? like 100 tops? As you made it clear to me, we don't really have any solid reads whatsoever.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's likely bad right?

Bad players like to overvalue hands, hands like pairs, hands like ace high, hands like gutshot straight draws. I'm not saying he will raise those hands. What hands will he raise with? pretty much any pair, sets, two pair, maybe some other random weird crap, who knows.

yes, i don't think we have to be worried here.

Also, how many hands have we played with this guy? like 100 tops? As you made it clear to me, we don't really have any solid reads whatsoever.

Ya I swear I've sat with this player for about An hour maybe A hour and half, and in that time, He's never taken this Line with anyone at all, So that's why I'm Posing this question for all

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sorry no offence but this advice is awful. Putting your opponent on one specific hand? Reraise and see what happens? Amount raised on flop? Maybe asking for advice would be better than giving it...

I'm pretty torn between what to do next. I don't like flatting; too many scare cards if he has an 8. Raising small looks really strong as well. You're only playing off a 40bb starting stack so I jam and expect him to call with sets, 43 and random top pairs/overpairs. He'll also show up with stuff like midpairs putting you on AK. Not all that keen on it but I think it's slightly better than calling or folding. As for CiB, not too keen against nitty players unless we know they are spewy. Altho I guess min check raising a flop is spewy sooo :)

P

peskey123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm jamming... lots of people c/r these sorta flops with air as you miss those flops a lot of the time... although his min c/r changes things kinda... especially as he's quite deep i dont see why he doesnt put more pressure on you with a bigger raise if he's bluffing....
but i still think u should shove and just hope he has a smaller pp than you.... :)
tough spot though!

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What's CIB? Sry Don't know what it is and must ask for it...BTW I love all the advice I've received thus Far...I actually took the Approach that someone Offered Here For the Reasons that person Offered them, with Being Not really too deep/and not to Small, I was torn as to what to do...That's why I actually Posted this hand, for the Future instances where I may find the same Case Scenario happening again...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CIB = click it back - just min 3bet