$25 NLHE MTT: $25IC NLHE MTT: ICM Considerations...or Tight Fold?

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 handed, final table

I am the most aggressive at final table, been raising and also stealing blinds as people are trying to ladder up 10 bucks and I am going for the win

I have A10 off in ep, raise it up, bb re-raises I call to see a flop

Flop comes 10 4 7 two diamonds, I don't remember if I had diamonds or not

I lead out and get jammed on by co-chip leader

If I bust out here I will get 40 dollars when 1st is 175 and 2nd is 130

Put villain on Jacks, two overs, flush draw, or an under-pair that didn't want to see any face cards

I ended up folding

Thoughts?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise-folding ATo from early position to a re-raise (from someone who should be very cautious against you) is the play. BB should be just calling with most of his good hands so he's probably got a very good hand. This is a case of reverse implied odds. Making the poor call here can lead to further bad decisions.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made the correct play, and probably lost the minimum. Villain has range advantage and you are really only ahead of AKd out of that range.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was the re-raise pre to? If it was more than 3x I would probably have folded without a read.

You couldn't have led the flop if the BB was the villain. So with the check raise seem like a easy fold.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand makes no sense. You say you raise pre from EP and get reraised by the BB, but then you "lead out and get raised" on the flop? That's literally not a possible hand of poker.

You don't include stack sizes, bet sizes, etc... This hand is REALLY difficult to comment on. We can make some random assumptions and say that this is probably a fold pre to the 3bet (you make it sound like everyone's playing pretty tight), but bet/folding this flop sounds crazy to me assuming the guy isn't shoving over pot or something.

But yeah, it's basically impossible to say without the information on bet and stack sizes being included.

Folding in Poker