$.25 NLHE MTT: $.25 NLHE MTT:

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, pre flop, raise 4x is OK. Later cbet after flop also is good. Why you check on the turn? You are out of positon, IMO here, on the turn, you have to bet, because when check you don't have initiative. So on the turn I bet about 1/2 pot and hope to see a river card, because you have the best flush draw. He makes a call pre flop, so IMO it is something weak.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats what i was hoping you would say :)
i checked because of the range i put on opponent, i had not been on the table long, but i had seen him call 1 of my raises with K9o

so if he was able to call it, then i would presume, K 10, K J was in his range
i check folded because the board was too scary against this opponent who overplays his hands, he may have only had a King high, but i strongly believe he flopped the 2 pair, so i had treated my aces as a drawing hand, he didnt give me the odds to call for the flush/inside draw, so i laid it down

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thinks the fold was a right decision even if I would have really hard to put that hand down, unfortunately :)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this level and with the opponent's deep stack, I like making it more pre-. If he's going to call 120, how likely is it that he'll fold for 150, 180 or maybe even a bit more?

Similarly, I may well bet more on the flop. If he's going to call 180, he'll probably call more. If that's because he out-flopped you, there's a good chance you're setting stacked anyway. If he has a draw, I want to give him bad odds to chase it. If he has a K, he's likely to call at least one bet for more than 180.

I also prefer to bet the turn. Checking invites a shove; he won't be crippled even if you catch him bluffing. If you check, you should already know you're going to fold, but with an overpair plus the nut flush draw, do you really want to give up so easily, especially when checking makes it fairly easy for him to bluff you?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet the flop at least potsize if not a little more. Anyway I wouldn't have folded with the thought of hitting the RF :)))

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your line, all the way from the flop onward (including the turn check/fold) is solid. I also like the bet-sizing.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meant to say all the way from preflop onward. All good

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks Loonbat :) my thoughts on this was, yes i had an overpair, but by the turn there was straights on the board, flushes on the board, lots of 2 pairs or sets on the board,
how often is 1 pair really going to be ahead here? not very often,

Later on i went on to stack off to the same guy with the stone cold nuts from flop to river :) so was worth waiting for a better position in my eyes

no point in me overplaying my hand when im making money from my opponents overplaying there hands

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with argonius, I would make it 180 to go preflop.

But then when and if he calls, on the flop I would go with 260 and if he called I would make it 500, if he reshoves, I would have not folded, but jammed. Its a .25$ buyin and with absolute nut draw on the turn and by putting myself pot committed, I would have made the call. I dont see a reason why he cant have K7 or any A-rag.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so AviCKter, its a 25c buyin which means i should play it any different to how i would play any other game?

the fact that this is one of the few games that is within my current bankroll management on my bankroll building challenge doesnt mean anything,

YES if i was playing for fun only then i could make the call and move on, think people forget about the micros, they are fishes and call alot, but they are rarely raising so high on a bluff, yes he could of had King x and i could of been ahead, but i can also wait for a much better spot, if i make the call and im behind then i only have a 14% chance of going ahead on the river, and as im taking every game regardless of buyin seriously i cant put my tournament on the line with those kind of odds
however if i had info that he does it with worse then i could make the call and if im behind so be it, but with no info i can definately wait for a better spot, and the fact he doubled me up later in the MTT justifys that i should of waited for the better spot

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should learn some thing from here , how to fold aces and how to play post flop , my post flop game really sucks ,thanks for posting this , from now on i would b looking the table dynamics more and be carefull ,i alwys get angry when my aces got busted now i understand y it get busted ,i m so afraid to lay down my aces when i knw i got beated by the villian
anyways nice fold there

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, may be you're right with your play. But I still think you had to think from their perspective. And again , with flush, straight draw, why would I check on the turn?

Yes, if it were a higher buy-in I would have said kudos. But with 25 cent, my assumption is there would be much more donk calls and the range you put him on, KJ or KT or AQ, do you think he was limp/calling in cutoff? Q9 may be, suited 56+ with flush draw maybe. But jamming that much when the other person(you) check. Does it make any sense? Think about it.

Again get the read on the other person with perfection and utmost care, I've learnt it after making many mistakes and its the learning process that's important here. When I dont have much bankroll (say 10-20$), my aim is to perfect certain play or to improve my reading skills and doing it over and over again, and not aim to double or triple my bankroll, 'cause that would be too tough to achieve, until I really get too lucky.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my issue with your statement here is now your saying that because its 25c there are a lot more donk calls, but it still doesnt change the fact that its not a good spot to be in.

You also claim that for him to shove doesnt make any sense, and from what i have seen in this kind of field

i am holding Q Q and UTG insta shoves, it makes no sense if he has A A or K K to do this so i call, and he shows A A

i am holding a flush which i have just rivered, and opponent insta shoves into me, again doesnt make sense for him to do this with the flush or the full house, so i call and he shows the straight flush

i was even holding Q 9, flopped Q 9 9, again opponent shoves into me i happily call for him to show Q Q.
At these stakes opponents arent all worried about getting value, instead they are more afraid to make big bets, for my opponent to have made such a bold move to shove once i have checked, doesnt nescicarily mean he was weak and thinks im bluffing, more the other way around, hes showing no fear as a result i still go by my read on said opponent that he had at least a 2 pair.