$230 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: 2 hands same villain Borgata Open

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same villain. He's aggro/competent, generally 3-bets pre rather than flatting. Cbets pretty much 100%, double barrels nearly 100%. I've 3-bet him a few times pre, he folded an EP raise after I squeeze shoved 20ish BBs earlier, he says he folded KQ in EP to my BTN 3-bet and 3-bet/folded JJ to my cold 4-bet shove from SB for half his stack.

Table is fairly aggressive with a couple of competent players.

First hand:
9-handed table
Stack sizes approximate
UTG 75,000
UTG+1 (villain) 190,000
CO (Me) 160,000
BB 220,000

blinds 1500/3000 antes 400

UTG raises to 8k, UTG+1 calls, I call in CO with :kd4: :qd4:
UTG is a tard that I played with at cash games who has no clue what he's doing. Not sure if UTG+1 knows this.

Flop (32,600): :qh4: :3c4: :2s4:
UTG bets 15,000, UTG+1 snap calls. Hero?

Blinds are 3k/6k and antes are $500. Villain is in CO and opens for $13k. I have about 210k and he has me covered. BTN/SB fold and I call from BB with :ah4: :5h4:

Flop: :ad4: :qh4: :3h4:
I check, Villain bets $17k, I call.

Turn: :2c4:
I check, villain bets $40k..hero?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 im ok with flatting and letting people define their ranges on the turn, also we want to keep the retard in the hand rather than squeezing him out. do you expect villain to be setting up a squeeze often or is he more likely flatting very weak broadways/sc's pp type of range. if so i prefer flatting just because even tho we rep thin when we raise flop we fold out like 55-99 which will be drawing super thin, and like Q10 QJ and random floats, unless you expect him to bluff 3bet backraise the flop with SDV hands which seems pretty unlikely

Hand 2 how often is he triple barreling? and is he going to double barrel hands like Qx J10o 44-JJ, basically does he pot control with SDV or will he barrel off/go for thin value? if he is doubling the hands above i like check/call check/call and donk jamming some rivers, c/c some others.

otherwise i like check/shoving the turn if his range is somewhat more polarized and we can get it in v dominated fd's and probably fold out some weaker Ax that would beat us at showdown, (like A6-10).

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bump these hands are interesting

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 I like calling if UTG is a moron. He's probably betting all sorts of weird Ahigh type hands and under pairs; depending on how loose he is maybe even QX.

Hand 2 I prefer folding. But I tend to be too passive with strong draws so who knows.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 2 I like c/jam. I think your hand is utterly face up if you donk river when obvious draw comes in and he'll check back a decent amount of his hands. Also I think he's gonna be b/folding a ton since your hand looks strong when you c/jam (esp on the blankest of all turn cards), All Ax except AQ, some Qx and some PPs that he can be barreling. Then when he does call you have decent equity anyway.

Hand 1 I like calling if UTG is a moron. He's probably betting all sorts of weird Ahigh type hands and under pairs; depending on how loose he is maybe even QX.
Hand 1 UTG isn't the concern. I'm not gonna comment on it 'cos I saw results in other thread and that's gonna colour my view.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he is barreling worse hands why would we want to c/j and fold them out?
also i would lead jam 4/5 rivers rather than hearts.

i dunno you could super small b/c river on heart rivers since he likely folds a ton to a bigger sizing,

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regarding hand 1, if you raise flop you rep virtually nothing, which is cool if it induces light back jams from the competent player (especially if fish flats it super wide)

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he is barreling worse hands why would we want to c/j and fold them out?
also i would lead jam 4/5 rivers rather than hearts.

i dunno you could super small b/c river on heart rivers since he likely folds a ton to a bigger sizing,
Because I think a lot of his worse hands can be setting up a check/check otr, especially a heart river, also we're folding out better hands as well, if you know he checks hands with decent sdv I wouldn't jam but in the abscence of this info I'd imagine him to be betting a more depolarised range so I prefer a jam.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As pointed out to me by better players, the A5hh hand is the perfect hand to c/c turn with, as we have good SDV and 12 nutty outs.

Problem is I think I win more often by c/jamming than c/c because sometimes the river bricks and we both check and he has A7o that folds to a jam. It's also problematic if we don't make a flush and we face a bet, and also we lose value the times he represents our completed draw.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because I think a lot of his worse hands can be setting up a check/check otr, especially a heart river, also we're folding out better hands as well, if you know he checks hands with decent sdv I wouldn't jam but in the abscence of this info I'd imagine him to be betting a more depolarised range so I prefer a jam.

He isnt going to be checking back air on blank rivers

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As pointed out to me by better players, the A5hh hand is the perfect hand to c/c turn with, as we have good SDV and 12 nutty outs.

Problem is I think I win more often by c/jamming than c/c because sometimes the river bricks and we both check and he has A7o that folds to a jam. It's also problematic if we don't make a flush and we face a bet, and also we lose value the times he represents our completed draw.

c/j is a cool merge in that dominated draws call and stronger aces call but surely the aces we have fold equity agaisnt make up a very small portion of his range?

C

CrossedLine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow both hands are very interesting. For hand 1, I would personally call. If either have Queens, it sucks but it happens. UTG, if such an idiot, most likely has Q and a lower card, so a call doesn't scare them away. Villain is intimidating but from the history, I doubt he'd call a raise with A4 or A5o, maybe suited.
In hand 2 I'd have to go all in. Many have said already that calling is fine but I'd rather look like I'm on a nervous draw but hey, even if not we have good fold equity as well as many outs. Hope you did well!

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a cash game player, I feel there's something wrong with calling KQs pre in the first hand. I almost just want to shove because of how short UTG is and your read on him but I'm sure some kind of ICM thing is stopping us from doing this so maybe we should just fold pre? This is why I stay away from tournaments! As played I think shoving the flop would be fine. Pretty sure you can ignore all this though...

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not worried about UTG at all. What do you make of aggro/positionally aware player's flat UTG+1? Mostly not a fair HH to ask for feedback since I had a super sick read, it's just a brag about a hero fold on the flop. You may be right about folding pre though.

Second hand is way more interesting IMO.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand I might find the fold here. I hate the raise and the call is slightly better. You ask yourself "What are we looking for on the turn?" The only card that pleases me might be a K.

Hand 2, I err on the side of aggression. I'm shipping.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand I might find the fold here. I hate the raise and the call is slightly better. You ask yourself "What are we looking for on the turn?" The only card that pleases me might be a K.

Hand 2, I err on the side of aggression. I'm shipping.

Yeah I posted about these hands in my other thread but I folded the flop. UTG+1 had a sick, almost predatory look on his face. I couldn't see him flatting in EP with a marginal hand, so it was AQ+ only. Turn was Kh, they got it in. I leaped out of my seat as they table 44 and AA. River A. Weeee

Hand 2, I check-shipped and he snap-folded.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dammit my AQ/QQ soul read didnt post earlier, absent live reads i assume you float there? second hand i like c/j if his turn range includes almost only Ax, alot of which bet/folds, if his range is as wide as you say then we shouldnt be too worried about losing to better Ax on river. plus we have 7 pretty disguised outs we can value bet on river

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands