Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Local $220
100 runners - 25 left
Hero: BB, KdTh, 205000
Villain: SB 270000 (Only been at the table for five hands and never seen her play before)
Blinds: 2500/5000
Villain raises to 13000, I call
Pot 28500
Flop: JdQc7d
V bets 14000, I call
Pot: 56500
Turn: Qd
V bets 22000, I call
Pot: 100500
River: 6d
V bets 68000, Hero??
Thanks

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn Calling is Fine IMO,
On river calling is also fine on paired board with no reads!

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his line looks strong. tough call with second flash

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Local $220
100 runners - 25 left
Hero: BB, KdTh, 205000
Villain: SB 270000 (Only been at the table for five hands and never seen her play before)
Blinds: 2500/5000
Villain raises to 13000, I call
Pot 28500
Flop: JdQc7d
V bets 14000, I call
Pot: 56500
Turn: Qd
V bets 22000, I call
Pot: 100500
River: 6d
V bets 68000, Hero??
Thanks
hi hi madsaac
interesting hand ty share it
i agree call river BUT why you at river

i would no be in this hand to river.. villain raises each street and you call it down with K high? is play money this yes?

i new to poker but is this a good tactic?
so what you asking - if to go all-in on river?
its a MTT maybe we need a better spot put our chips at risk?
i puzzled, look to experienced CC players explain me.. why no click FOLD button

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a fold on turn for me.. with paired board and flush on table i can't see myself even looking river card.

M

Madsaac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi madsaac
interesting hand ty share it
i agree call river BUT why you at river

i would no be in this hand to river.. villain raises each street and you call it down with K high? is play money this yes?

i new to poker but is this a good tactic?
so what you asking - if to go all-in on river?
its a MTT maybe we need a better spot put our chips at risk?
i puzzled, look to experienced CC players explain me.. why no click FOLD button

I had an up and down on flop and turned a strong flush draw. Thats the thing though, if I'm calling the turn, I should be calling the river. I just didn't expect such a strong river bet from the villain. The size of the turn bet was too tempting for me.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had an up and down on flop and turned a strong flush draw. Thats the thing though, if I'm calling the turn, I should be calling the river. I just didn't expect such a strong river bet from the villain. The size of the turn bet was too tempting for me.
hi hi Madsaac i see your point
was a $215usd tournie? wow pricy

the question.. he raised 13k preflop (2.5bb)
what you place villian on... what you think has?
has somethin... likely strong hand, raised all streets

so you calling him down with strong draws & K high?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop is a mandatory call against a SB open. To strong to fold, to weak to 3-bet. On the flop we could raise and use our hand as a semi-bluff, but just calling in position is also fine. On the turn and river we again have mandatory calls. Our hand is no longer strong enough to raise, but its to strong to fold against an essentially unknown player.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a fold on turn for me.. with paired board and flush on table i can't see myself even looking river card.

Its true, that we are drawing dead, if Villain have a boat or the nut flush. But this is only a small part of his range. If he have a hand like for instance KQ, then we have 15 outs to make the best hand. We are not completely loving the spot, but getting around 3:1 and position, we should make the call.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such a strong line and big river bet, you basically have a bluff catcher. His line of betting looks exactly like a boat to me. Smaller turn bet to keep 1 card flush draws in hoping for a river diamond. This is exactly how I would bet if I had QJ or 77. I would be very surprised if he turned up an ace high flush unless it was AQ or maybe AJ.

The only way you can justify a call if you think sometimes this player would bet like that with KQ no diamond, 10 9 diamonds, or some very raggy bluffs. As you said, you played just 5 hands with them so hard to get a good read. I'm curious what the end result of the hand was, but I think this is a bit of a tight fold but the correct fold.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Bluff? Hardly! The villain raised the game, picked it up on every street, and to the river, even a maniac would understand that he was dealing with an "answering machine" who also, judging by the size of calls, there is something.
2. Pocket overpair KK or AA? Twin board + flashdro + arguments of paragraph 1, say that these hands are far behind.
3. There is a full house or flush of an ace. I am more inclined towards a full house because of a small nuance: after the thorns, the villain raised a little less than half the pot, as if inviting me to continue the fight with a single-card flush draw.
I only play online poker, and if I had time to do a complete analysis of the fold in this situation, it would be very easy for me.

M

Madsaac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded and she turned over two black aces. So I was double guessing myself about the fold but I think the fold was correct. She said the only way I was going to win the hand was by betting. That took some gumption, so good on her.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I would have played the hand differently:
first the call in the pre-flop is correct but in the flop I would check / raise the bet type of the villain gives me the imprsion that does not have a good hand, I think that after the turn you could have stolen the pot

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at sizes and board. Your equity on the turn = around 0. So you must folded. I saw your calls. Can you ask me, what do you want to do on the river, when V will play "check"?
I can answer for you:
If you get 3rd bet {what we can see} you can't pay with flush or straight. Because she never bet 3rd time with worst hand.
If you get check you must bluff vs very strong range with Khigh and you often will value betting yourself with your flushes and straights

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see sooo many people chase their draws online. I would say they had hit the flop, saw the other diamond and shoved. That's just my opinion but I have seen it one too many times to put them on anything else but a pair with a rivered flush at that point.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might probably be a fold on river because Vs line is very strong & hardly with any bluffs.
The only flush she reps are Ax or Kx but you hold Kd & other hands would be boats.
But this is BvB & I'm too much of a station tbh.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded and she turned over two black aces. So I was double guessing myself about the fold but I think the fold was correct. She said the only way I was going to win the hand was by betting. That took some gumption, so good on her.

I personally get really frustrated with wild river jams like this. A very amatuer/novice type of move. I would bet part of her thought process was being able to tell her friends "well I lost with aces" to justify her loss had you called...without mentioning the part that she played them dreadfully and jammed allin with them on a pure bluff.