$22 NLHE STT: $$22 NLHE STT: KK in a Satty to a $200 100k BCP game

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game just started acouple hands on the table with these players. 13 players are in the entire Satty and 2 seats are guaranteed.

Now I got no reads on these players except for what I've seen thus far.

So going by just this info, how would you proceed in the hand on all streets.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (WPN)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, December 11, 06:48:31 ET 2013
Table 100000 GTD Satellite 2 Seats GTD (real money)
Seat 2 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( 4570 ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
Seat 2: Player2 ( 2725 ) - VPIP: 35, PFR: 19, 3B: 17, AF: 0.6, Hands: 63
Seat 3: Hero
Seat 4: Player4 ( 2305 ) - VPIP: 6, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 16
Seat 5: Player5 ( 2155 ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 16
Seat 7: Player7 ( 3430 ) - VPIP: 31, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 16

*** Blinds ***
Hero posts small blind [ 30 ] .
Player4 posts big blind [ 60 ] .

*** Preflop ***
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kh: Kc: ]
Player5 folds
Player7 folds
Player1 folds
Player2 calls [ 60 ]
Hero raises [ 169 ]
Player4 folds
Player2 calls [ 139 ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 6h, 8d: ]
Hero checks
Player2 checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
Hero bets [ 306 ]
Player2 calls [ 306 ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2c: ]

What should Hero do on river? Bet/Check-Call/Check-Fold/Shove?

If you also wanted to know It was a re-enter Satellite/And I had made it into the satty via way of a round 1 .90 Satellite

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You get called on river by worse here.... His line Is really passive and weak and I don't think it's very often we get re raised. I probably raise 600 and when he calls I feel pretty good. In the rare situation he jams over you, it is almost never a bluff probably. So I think I probably b/f this river. Maybe edit the sizing to make it so you can find a fold if he comes over the top. Bet 400 and fold IMO, just me though

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get called on river by worse here.... His line Is really passive and weak and I don't think it's very often we get re raised. I probably raise 600 and when he calls I feel pretty good. In the rare situation he jams over you, it is almost never a bluff probably. So I think I probably b/f this river. Maybe edit the sizing to make it so you can find a fold if he comes over the top. Bet 400 and fold IMO, just me though

Well thanks for the in put, would like to hear thoughts on my line also post flop, was it ok, bad, horrid, and if horrid what you would have done different

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop:
your sizing pre is on the small side i would generally be doing 180-200 ish here without antes

flop:
you lost me like wft

why the hell aren't you cbetting here, more so with basically your whole range

don't cbet like the absolute worst of your range, maybe quads or boat maybe, but this is such a simple no brainer cbet you need to think about what you do with your range here because this is a huge mistake

as played you have to bet the river not much changed from the turn

you shouldn't be playing a $22 stt please move down and work on your fundamentals this hand should be a very simple one

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop:
your sizing pre is on the small side i would generally be doing 180-200 ish here without antes

flop:
you lost me like wft

why the hell aren't you cbetting here, more so with basically your whole range

don't cbet like the absolute worst of your range, maybe quads or boat maybe, but this is such a simple no brainer cbet you need to think about what you do with your range here because this is a huge mistake

as played you have to bet the river not much changed from the turn

you shouldn't be playing a $22 stt please move down and work on your fundamentals this hand should be a very simple one

Well first of all, if you read what I wrote, I won entry into this game via a .90 scatty, and this game was for entry into a $200 buy in game.

Now as to your question how come I did'nt Chet the flop, that's a good question, I figured my hand is so strong that vetting here either loses them when villain folds that it would be more justified to hang them on a later streets making them question what hand I actually could have. I see your point though by cbetting the flop, I disguise my hand more so rather than checking and start building the pot on the turn.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise bigger pre to like 200-240ish (get value out of your big hands is that not rule number 1 ! ? looking at his stats he seems to be a station so raising to 240ish is not bad here at all in fact it is encouraged vs this type of villian)

if we raise to 240 pre I probably bet flop about 270ish~ then turn around 760ish~ then ship the river. (can't see hero stack size so I am using villian as eff. stack)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise bigger pre to like 200-240ish (get value out of your big hands is that not rule number 1 ! ? looking at his stats he seems to be a station so raising to 240ish is not bad here at all in fact it is encouraged vs this type of villian)

if we raise to 240 pre I probably bet flop about 270ish~ then turn around 760ish~ then ship the river. (can't see hero stack size so I am using villian as eff. stack)

Lol good point villain and I had similar stack size

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first of all, if you read what I wrote, I won entry into this game via a .90 scatty, and this game was for entry into a $200 buy in game.

Now as to your question how come I did'nt Chet the flop, that's a good question, I figured my hand is so strong that vetting here either loses them when villain folds that it would be more justified to hang them on a later streets making them question what hand I actually could have. I see your point though by cbetting the flop, I disguise my hand more so rather than checking and start building the pot on the turn.
your not giving villain a chance to make a big mistake, he has a .6 aggro factor over 60 hands if this is any bit indicative of his overall play you not inducing a stab at all just giving off free cards for no reason

the flop cbet isnt really for the reasons you stated thou that is more a description of what happens not the logic behind it, more i cbet with a wide range and this is near the top, but it isnt so strong that i crush the deck. Also from an exploitative stand point we have no reads that deviating from this strategy will increase the overall EV therefor we don't bc of the opportunity cost we lose of not cbetting

and sorry for the harshness but if you got the ticket can you spend it on anything else? 2 satties in a row just has such a high failure rate regardless of how good of an roi you can have in these

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but if you got the ticket can you spend it on anything else? 2 satties in a row just has such a high failure rate regardless of how good of an roi you can have in these

You can't spend the tickets on anything else you must play in the 2nd satty and than the main event game:( , Personally I would've been content with taking the $22 and be happy with it over all, as to being harsh it's all good really honesty is a good policy, that's why I had posted the hand on here to get feed back of how I played it

Top 10 Games