but I still wonder if it was a mistake?
So I'm throwing the question to the wolves

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a tough one as if the Qh comes out on the Turn or River then you've got the absolute nuts Straight Flush.

But 1/4 of your stack is already in the pot and if you call this then the pot would be basically the same size as your stack so you'd need to know if you're prepared to go All In on this or not? Villain is playing like he is.

I don't think its a bad fold. Call and Villain's likely shoving on the Turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open, but maybe the sizing could be a bit smaller with these stack sizes. When he 3-bet so small, I think, we have to call. But its one of those, where we hope, he is just mocking around with silly sizing, and that we are not against pocket aces.

Flop
I am not really in love with this lead. Even though we have a draw, its not a very good draw, since we are drawing the either the third nut flush on a 4-flush board or the nut straight on a 3-flush board. Unless we specifically bink the straight flush, its difficult to get paid by to many worse hands, when we improve, and we certainly have some reverse implied odds as well.

I also dont think, we can get to many better hands to fold by leading out, so I lean towards taking the more standard approach of checking to him and then make some decisions based on his sizing. As played I dont see, how we can continue against his raise, and thats another reason to not lead. We could be drawing almost dead against a made flush, or we could be drawing very thin against hands like AA or AK with the A of hearts.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldcallthe flop and fold to a big bet if you miss the turm.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open, but maybe the sizing could be a bit smaller with these stack sizes. When he 3-bet so small, I think, we have to call. But its one of those, where we hope, he is just mocking around with silly sizing, and that we are not against pocket aces.

Flop
I am not really in love with this lead. Even though we have a draw, its not a very good draw, since we are drawing the either the third nut flush on a 4-flush board or the nut straight on a 3-flush board. Unless we specifically bink the straight flush, its difficult to get paid by to many worse hands, when we improve, and we certainly have some reverse implied odds as well.

I also dont think, we can get to many better hands to fold by leading out, so I lean towards taking the more standard approach of checking to him and then make some decisions based on his sizing. As played I dont see, how we can continue against his raise, and thats another reason to not lead. We could be drawing almost dead against a made flush, or we could be drawing very thin against hands like AA or AK with the A of hearts.
well thought out insiught
ty very much fun diver
he probably had AA KK and I should have let him lead out on the flop

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ty very much fun diver
You just said the best option. Let him lead.....

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would he fold ? He raised first anyway.....:)
i'd fold to his raise
lol not him to mine, obviously that did NOT end up working lol

and i was the initial better

Last edited:
V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am more inclined to say that the fold is good

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like donkbet on the flop. Check call and then check call, check raise or check fold on the turn.

Last edited:
razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'd fold to his raise
lol not him to mine, obviously that did NOT end up working lol

and i was the initial better
I dont know anymore.
I dont like to play to shove without an Ace either but... as the guy said.. straight flush is in the air and maybe only flush is enogh if the guy has trips...
I would at lesst call...

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
imma make an excuse and call it a blocker bet instead of a donk bet lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way pretty cool that Jeff Boski (TheBoski) was at your table. He is an ACR sponsored pro and well known content creator on Youtube and other platforms :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way pretty cool that Jeff Boski (TheBoski) was at your table. He is an ACR sponsored pro and well known content creator on Youtube and other platforms :)
Don't worry.... I only beat him up a little ;)(this time)

I've ended his streams early quite a few times

and the whole table was Pros btw

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I also didn't like the lead on the flop. I would be leaning more to x/c or x/f depending on his bet sizing.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post, cause its really a good-looking hand and not an easy one on get rid of the right time. :)

I could add that as we opened 3bbs its obligatory to call the 6bbs. So as we had to call him, we are going to see the flop in a worse position and a powerless hand. I would probably bet smaller pre.

ˇˇˇˇ

I don't think there's a chance to put a blocker-bet here. He showed extra-power by the min-bet, and all of these cards can be in that range, even most of the times we have to chasing our outs. So definitely a check is required here to have a chance to see the turn. Cause right now we have a big nothing, even a pocket pair is ahead of us. Not even mentioning that as turned out he lead again, I could imagine sets or A of hearts or AQ. At least, thats what his moves telling.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its very probable that villain has a hand like aq or ak so i dont think folding is a terrible choice. what i dont like is your donk bet postflop because it wont make villain fold most of his range and you want to see the turn without investing much of your stack.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, it was necessary to go to the end. It looks like the opponent was bluffing. Very good cards.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ty very much fun diver

Good fold AKQ - Tx most likely had A/K with the Ace of hearts - or AQ of hearts.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Jeff plays a wide range of games. I see him often down at the 3-5 dollar buyin micro level, late in the evenings, and he is everywhere in the low buyin events from 6.00-22.00 range.

He is ALWAYS buying into the 3.30 events as a short stack around 8-9pm eastern time.
Since he lives in Vegas - I assume these are his early, starting session, warm up games.
And boy-howdy :hmmmm2::eek: - does he have a WIDE shoving range short stacked. Possibly nash approved - but really - not a strong range to be jamming with a sub 20bb stack.

Folding in Poker