$22 NLHE MTT: $4k GTD: AKo BB (38bb; chip leader), CO Shoves (22bb), SB Calls All In (12.5bb) ?

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$22 NLHE MTT: $4k GTD: AKo BB (38bb; chip leader), CO Shoves (22bb), SB Calls All In (12.5bb) ?

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem $6000(BB)
HJ ($62143) [VPIP: 13.6% | PFR: 13.6% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | hands: 22]
CO ($133019) [VPIP: 23.1% | PFR: 17.2% | AGG: 16% | 3-Bet: 9.6% | Hands: 450]
BTN ($62904) [VPIP: 21% | PFR: 14.9% | AGG: 24.7% | 3-Bet: 5.1% | Hands: 280]
SB ($78788) [VPIP: 15.6% | PFR: 10.9% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 4% | Hands: 65]
HERO ($229582) [VPIP: 22.7% | PFR: 16.2% | AGG: 31.3% | 3-Bet: 6.7% | Hands: 49888]
UTG ($213578) [VPIP: 29.8% | PFR: 25.5% | AGG: 28.6% | 3-Bet: 13.3% | Hands: 49]
MP ($58422) [VPIP: 20% | PFR: 16% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 25]

Dealt to Hero: A K

UTG Folds, MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Raises To $133019 (allin), BTN Folds, SB Calls $75188 (allin),

HERO Raises To $229582 (allin)

Flop ($443789): J 3 5

Turn ($443789): J 3 5 2

River ($443789): J 3 5 2 Q

CO shows: 8 8
SB shows: Q Q

CO wins: $108462
SB wins: $238764

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the stage of the tournament is unknown for some reason.. but i'd call vs CO. He is a late position pretty agg player shoving.. sb is always having a very good hand but you block AA and KK so you are in a flip vs the short stack and most of the time dominating the CO when he has Ax or Kx and shoving

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament if we are close to the bubble or if we are already ITM, but in this case I do fold I do not think that despite the fact that the CO is an aggressive player, do shove just to win the blinds and call the SB with 12.5BB I do not think it is right to call and compromise my stack in addition I in particular feel uncomfortable played in a pot with more than one player is all-in, however it is not an easy decision you have a premium hand and two players With a short stack, it's not a bad move to call, I got out of the hand but it doesn't mean it's a bad call, it really was a difficult decision

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have paid the CO or the SB but not both. The SB has a 15% VPIP so I would not have thought that he didn't have a decent hand. At least one of the two would have had a hand made and the other or a hand made or a high Ace blocking your top pair.

But it depends on your style of play. I prefer low variance options unless I have no choice. Certainly if you won that spot you would have got a stack that would have allowed you to go far.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the stage of the tournament is unknown for some reason.. but i'd call vs CO. He is a late position pretty agg player shoving.. sb is always having a very good hand but you block AA and KK so you are in a flip vs the short stack and most of the time dominating the CO when he has Ax or Kx and shoving

Sorry, we were late stage. I was multi-tabling at the time so I don't remember exactly how many players were left but we in the money and down to the last 2 tables if I remember correctly.

I thought we might have had CO dominated or at least in a coinflip but you're right, I should have exercised some more discretion against SB's range.

I figured we had to call being the chip leader late in the tourney with big slick. Having a chance to take out two birds with one stone and moving us closer to the final table with a monster stack.

Last edited:
RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament if we are close to the bubble or if we are already ITM, but in this case I do fold I do not think that despite the fact that the CO is an aggressive player, do shove just to win the blinds and call the SB with 12.5BB I do not think it is right to call and compromise my stack in addition I in particular feel uncomfortable played in a pot with more than one player is all-in, however it is not an easy decision you have a premium hand and two players With a short stack, it's not a bad move to call, I got out of the hand but it doesn't mean it's a bad call, it really was a difficult decision

Sorry, we were in the late stage down to final two tables ITM.

Yeah, I figured CO was getting desperate but SB's call should have sent red flags up. I also know going multi-way is usually never a good idea but I figured we had to call as chip leader with big slick and a chance to take out two players and move us closer to the FT.

Last edited:
RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have paid the CO or the SB but not both. The SB has a 15% VPIP so I would not have thought that he didn't have a decent hand. At least one of the two would have had a hand made and the other or a hand made or a high Ace blocking your top pair.

But it depends on your style of play. I prefer low variance options unless I have no choice. Certainly if you won that spot you would have got a stack that would have allowed you to go far.

I wasn't thrilled when SB moved in after the CO. I should have probably gave it some more thought instead of snap calling.

We were in the late stage (2 tables) with chip lead and big slick, getting close to the FT. So I figured we had to call with big slick and a chance to take out two players and move us closer to the FT with a bigger monster stack.

I'm kind of a loose cannon when it comes to taking coin flips whether I'm in the push fold range or chip leader against small stack. I'm pretty sure we would have binked that tourney if we won that hand. That would have put us way ahead of everyone else close to the FT.

We still made the FT but were the first out in 9th place.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get it in here. It takes a pretty spectacular setup for me to fold AK preflop if I have less than 50bb.

and....if we lose we are still in with a fighting stack.

you likely dominate at least one if not both players. You can win a huge pot OR you can have a decent result of losing to the SB and winning a side pot from the CO so you still end up just fine in this situation only losing 2 bb (1 of which you would lose by folding your BB anyways).

the only truly bad outcome is if you lose to the CO and even then 16bb is a workable stack.