$215 NLHE MTT: Line check early sunday mill

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no no i was more saying that my bet size decreases with the number of opponents as a general rule of thumb, only ever betting for value when flatted in two spots is exploitable imo, that was more a questioning of his preferred bet sizing.

but back to this hand, yea i guess i missed some value on the turn, dont think its hugely clear cut tho.

Thanks for all the responses, was quite unsure about this hand

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right i'm gonna be quick because I've gotta head to uni in like 5 mins..

but more players = more potential draws/outdraws

so I thought the general thinking was to bet bigger, and in general only bet for value.

and if you're talking about balance I guess its situational and opponent specific so in THIS example its a fish so he won't be exploiting you I don't think.

DB as a bluff is kinda board dependant and range dependant as well, this board isn't ever going to change much on the turn so if we're DBing, most players will know we're dbing for value or picked up a flush draw (maybe)

and mm, about the hand.. I guess we dissagree again! I feel this is becoming a trend duggs.. haha guess we play too different.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet flop + turn and check back river. If he donks river fold.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
right i'm gonna be quick because I've gotta head to uni in like 5 mins..

but more players = more potential draws/outdraws

so I thought the general thinking was to bet bigger, and in general only bet for value.

and if you're talking about balance I guess its situational and opponent specific so in THIS example its a fish so he won't be exploiting you I don't think.

DB as a bluff is kinda board dependant and range dependant as well, this board isn't ever going to change much on the turn so if we're DBing, most players will know we're dbing for value or picked up a flush draw (maybe)

and mm, about the hand.. I guess we dissagree again! I feel this is becoming a trend duggs.. haha guess we play too different.

Haha previous post i conceded i missed a value spot on the turn, while i dont really expect to see any K7s, A7s type hands turn up i guess there are more broadway hands that float the flop than i included.

Getting off topic now but there are plenty of pots where we can bet into two or more players as a bluff, and generally speaking with more people in pot we can bet smaller as if we get action from both of them the pot will get bigger on later streets so we can easily still get stacks in while encouraging more action/keeping some maneuverability

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
derail in progress!

and you can.. but without backdoor draws you have no barreling cards unless you're playing against people that are actively giving you a range.

if you bet smaller in general in multi-way pots then you lose value when you're betting for it.

if you bluff smaller they're likely to call down lighter due to 'odds' and call for draws so..

bet bigger?!

someone back me on this?!?!