Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live MTT mid stage, full ring,

At the beginning of day 2, not much information on opponents

LJ: ~80BB, no info
CO: ~100BB, played KK from cautiously last hand on A high board against Big Blind caller, seems solid
BTN (Hero): 44BB
SB: <10BB
BB: ~30BB

LJ open raised to 2.5BB, CO called, BTN raised to 9BB with :qc4::qh4:.
SB,BB folded and LJ, CO called.

Flop: (pot 29.5BB)
:kd4::9d4::7h4:

LJ checked, CO checked, BTN checked.

Turn: (pot 29.5BB)

:5d4:

LJ checked, CO bet 13BB, BTN called

River: (pot 55.5BB)

:qd4:

LJ bet 37.5BB (got BTN covered), BTN ?

Questions:
1. Would you cbet this flop?
2. Would you call/fold/raise on the turn, as played ?
3. Would you call/fold on the river, as played ?

When I reviewed this hand, I reckon I should have cbet this flop 100%
as not many Kx combos would call 3bet OOP given I have QQ. AK likely 4bet to take down the pot preflop.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wold have cbet this flop every time as the king is in your range as are the aces.

The turn is hard. You showed weakness and he maybe betting to bluff you off the hand. While he could have you beat already he could also have a flush draw with the A of diamond here just in case his bluff fails and hope to hit the flush. I would hate it but would fold here. You still have a player to act behind you and worse, if you call here you have 1/2 your stack in the middle.

Worst river card here. I would have folded and the reason why is based on your comment about the player. He played KK from cautiously in the last hand and now he is betting with 4 diamonds on the board. Its a tough fold but I make it here. Some will say you are committed with 1/2 your stack in the middle and you do beat a King if that what he has but again would he be betting a king on this run out. Save your 22BB and go on to the next hand.

M

Madsaac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah cbet here, lots of draws, GSs, nines are calling and if someone has a king there may be a c/r given your stack size.

As played I would just call (All three people in the hand?) and fold the river.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like checking flop back, we have a great bluff catching hand. (Block strong hands, few scare cards, dislike getting chk/shoved on).

2. Calling

3. Folding vs most, call vs very agressive players.