$20 NLHE Turbo: $20 NLHE: K7 hearts push when i have one more hand to see, then my BB, i have 2.2bb

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 NLHE Turbo: $20 NLHE: K7 hearts push when i have one more hand to see, then my BB, i have 2.2bb

$15 + $5 ko, live tourny 24 players 4000 starting stack. 4 places paid. 7 players left.

Sharing the deal, makes a slow game, and we're seeing 7 hands per blind raise every 15 mins.

Final table, blinds are 3000/6000, blinds have just been increased from 2000/4000, im utg+1 with 7000 chips.
So I have one more hand to see, then i'll be the big blind.

I open with the K7h, I go all in, the player to my left goes all in for 15k and its folded back to me. So the pot is ok at 23k.
He shows Ac 10d.
I lose.
I was pretty happy to get my chips in there, and still quite happy not to see a pair.
Some of my opponents made a comment about how bad a move this was. I didnt bother to argue, I still think it was ok.

Is this move pretty standard?
How can I determine my chances of seeing a better hand in the next 2 hands including my forced BB.

My lovely lady was in the same tourney and wants me to tell you the sad stort of her flopping the nut full house with pocket 10's
on a 10 6 6 board. She check calls all the way to the river and you guessed it up against pocket 6's.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah totally standard. If your opponents need better than K7s to get it in with less than 2 BBs you should totally be stealing before then with worse.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands