$20 NLHE STT Turbo: $$20 NLHE STT Turbo: $$20 NLHE STT Turbo: Is a jam here correct?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 NLHE STT Turbo: $$20 NLHE STT Turbo: $$20 NLHE STT Turbo: Is a jam here correct?

3 players left and on the bubble.

Player 1 (button) seems overall a solid player, just not very aggressive. _4500 chips

Player 2 in small blind (hero) I've been showing down winning hands an have been playing
good cards preflop. I was caught in one river bluff. _2750 chips

Player 3 in big blind (villain). Solid, winning player playing a tight aggressive game _2350 chips.

The action is folded to me and I pick up Kc 3d. I think for about 5 seconds and jam.
I'm trying to decide if my play is correct. The more I think about it the more confident I am in my decision. I've busted out of about 20 tourneys this week, and almost every time a big favorite to win. I am trying to improve my game where I can.

I'm not sure if you every post the outcome here, but it shouldn't affect the discussion. The big blind called with 10s 4s and caught a 4 on the river. I was very surprised he called, but Is his call even close to correct? I don't see it.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I guess on this stage the blinds are something inbetween 250/125 and 500/250, so you and the shortstacked are both urged to take action.
Not surprised he called with T4 suited, otherwise he would get ultra low stacked ...
As regards your play - the situation is similar - shove or fold. This time you got unlucky, but I do not think you played incorrect :top:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are leaving out information about the blinds, and without that we cant give solid feedback. The effective stack size determine shove and call ranges, because it change the risk/reward and pot odds, and it also determine, if maybe there were other ways to play the hand like limping in. Without this information the hand is mostly a bad beat story.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
idk
I agree with fundiver and dejange
and to add to it
yes people do weird stuff in poker and it wont be the last time 10 4 knocks you out

last night i shoved with 10 3 o
got called by 69o
for 16 million chips on the KOTR FT 4 handed

People are capable of anything

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets assume you dont have more than 15 big blinds
in which case your shove is good.

T4s call is bad T9s+ are calls

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are leaving out information about the blinds, and without that we cant give solid feedback. The effective stack size determine shove and call ranges, because it change the risk/reward and pot odds, and it also determine, if maybe there were other ways to play the hand like limping in. Without this information the hand is mostly a bad beat story.

I thought that was in there- I had to write this a second time. Blinds were 300/600 with me in small blind.