Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NL Holdem $2000.00(BB)

Dealt to Hero: Jh 7s

HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $2000, HERO Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [6.04 effective]
Flop ($5000.00): 3h 7h 4d
HERO Checks, SB Bets $4933 (Rem. Stack: 43293.00), HERO Calls $4933 (Rem. Stack: 25267.00)

Turn ($14866.00): 3h 7h 4d Jd
HERO Checks, SB Bets $43293 (allin), HERO Calls $25267 (allin)

River ($83426.00): 3h 7h 4d Jd Ah

SB shows: 7d Ac

SB wins: $65400.00

Obviously bad beat for me, was not very concerned about flush draws, hence the slow play. Should I have bet the turn, if so what would be the ideal sizing?

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL Holdem $2000.00(BB)

Dealt to Hero: Jh 7s

HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $2000, HERO Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [6.04 effective]
Flop ($5000.00): 3h 7h 4d
HERO Checks, SB Bets $4933 (Rem. Stack: 43293.00), HERO Calls $4933 (Rem. Stack: 25267.00)

Turn ($14866.00): 3h 7h 4d Jd
HERO Checks, SB Bets $43293 (allin), HERO Calls $25267 (allin)

River ($83426.00): 3h 7h 4d Jd Ah

SB shows: 7d Ac

SB wins: $65400.00

Obviously bad beat for me, was not very concerned about flush draws, hence the slow play. Should I have bet the turn, if so what would be the ideal sizing?

I think you just got unlucky river .This is nothing ro worry about cause I think if bet turn your opp not gonna fold cause pot was pretty big already. It is usual situation for blind wars. If you tried to bet turn you could get rejam so nothing to change.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made right decisions on every street. I wouldn't change anything. Just poker, river kill us sometimes, good luck :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If we're in BB (vs SB limper) how is it that we're first to act on flop... & turn??

R

RollinFatties

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If we're in BB (vs SB limper) how is it that we're first to act on flop... & turn??

Ha, you're right. Villain was actually on button, there was no SB. I'm guessing either there was some table movement prior to that hand. We were also 5 handed on 9-max table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would certainly be a viable option to donk lead turn with top two pair. I would not overbet jam, like Villain did, but simply bet some normal amount, which allowed me to easily get the rest in on the river.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is definitely some merit to donk leading the turn. It's a weird play but it does allow us to keep the action going and set a price that allows us to jam the river for the rest of our stack. Unfortunate runout for us this go - it happens, we had our villan practically dead drawing to 3 outs with one card to come and they hit it - what else can you do? We were a huge favorite going into the river, but sometimes it's just not going to be our day. I like the way you played this hand overall, I am never folding turn when villan jams - we all are going broke in this spot and I think it's normal to do so.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long have you been playing at this table? I mean, BU CALLING!? with Ax is a huge leak in the game.
In all honesty, if we know that (saw him do the same thing in another hand) we should think about re-raising some flops.
still, as played it was all fine. Also, if you checked flop, then checking turn is also fine since V might bluff/semi-bluff and you get all the value. Solid played but unlucky

At the same time, defending the BB usually means that you called someone's open bet pre-flop from the BB position. If that was the case here (in case you don't remember correctly and posted it a bit wrong), then defending with J7o is too wide with around 15bbs remaining.

R

rickblackdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at this stack depth I'm donk shoving the turn to protect, you're turning your cards up here and villain may well fold his 2nd pair TK. Cooler on the riv, c'est la vie.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looks like you have 14bigs.
Villain is limping button... (on ~24bb)
I'm probably check-shoving this flop. Sighing when I see their Ace... then fist-pumping and high-five-ing my cat on the turn.... then exhaling and screenshotting the river... thinking about how I can put it in the RigTard thread as supporting evidence towards the "bigstack always wins theorem". (of course if you'd posted the 5 or 6 hands that happened prior to this one, I could potentially add it into the 'patternszzz' data base).

Tip:
try posting your hands with stack sizes listed prior, along with blinds & information about payout, number of entrants (& how many get paid) & any additional info./reads you can provide about villain(s). Every little bit of info. helps.

Also... post Hand History info. only up to the point where it's your turn to act (or where you have a question about your play in the hand). By revealing hole cards of villain, some of the responses are going to be skewed because of it.