$20 NLHE MTT: [live] how do you play AK preflop here ?

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys !
I am wondering how you would play AK preflop facing a raise before that puts you allin ?
is it always an instant call ?
in which situations would you fold ?

thanks !

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
thanks buddy, that answers my question :)
from what i read, it seems i didnt make such a bad decision folding my AKos preflop, when there was 1 guy before raising then 1 went allin, which put me allin too.
the guy later showed pocket 10, which means it would have been a coin flip.
It depends on how deep stacks are but if there's a raise & a shove I'd most likely be calling it off here in a heartbeat.
'If' you happen to be flipping this is fine! You need to consider the deadmoney in the middle, blinds & antes (in other words you're likely getting much better than 1to1 on your money).

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how deep stacks are but if there's a raise & a shove I'd most likely be calling it off here in a heartbeat.
'If' you happen to be flipping this is fine! You need to consider the deadmoney in the middle, blinds & antes (in other words you're likely getting much better than 1to1 on your money).

Thanks poker orifice !you have a point here. i realize i don't master well enough pot odds. I got to read more about that.
i have been playing a few such hands (with AK or small pocket pairs) in a too conservative way.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking pot odds and table dynamics into consideration is a big part of making this decision.

Many people would get it in with A-K here. Situational decision I think.

Just my $0.02

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u usualy play a coin flip with ak , specially with a raiser and a 3bet/shove .
so do you need to play a coin flip at this moemnt of the turn ?thats depend of ur stack and the pay out, ur skill and the skill of the table.

Organize a Home Poker Game