$20 NL HE STT: Was this the right pre-flop move to jam?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Single table, $20, 6max, Turbo sit and go. 3 players left. Button is lousy and raising and calling with too many hands. Small blind is a reg and seems to be making good decisions.
The button jams with his last 300 chips (1.5 big blinds), and the SB needs only an additional 189 chips to call (about 1bb) and flats the shove. I look down at AKo and after about 4 seconds of not so deep pondering a decide to jam.

After the hand the small blind berates me telling me I'm a moron for raising him out of the pot preflop because he would have knocked him out. I think that my hand was just too strong to only call and I played it correctly. You guys are welcome to play it back and let me know what you think

pokerstars, $18.50 + $1.50 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (25 ante) - 3 players
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1259EmkKL[/COLOR]]Replay this hand on CardsChat

patroclus9 (BU): 314 (2 bb)
mrhoffa99 (SB): 1,517 (8 bb)
runningqueens (BB): 7,169 (36 bb)

Pre-Flop:
(375) Hero (runningqueens) is BB with A K
patroclus9 (BU) raises to 289 (all-in), mrhoffa99 (SB) calls 189, runningqueens (BB) 3-bets to 7,144 (all-in), 1 fold

Flop: (942) 5 T 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (942) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (942) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 942

Showdown:
runningqueens (BB) shows A K (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 76%, Flop: 83%, Turn: 77%, River: 0%)

patroclus9 (BU) shows K 7 (a pair of Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 24%, Flop: 17%, Turn: 23%, River: 100%)

patroclus9 (BU) wins 942

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely 100% a jam. As the runaway chipleader you are going after the win, and its actually an advantage for you, if the bubble drags out, because then you can just jam on both players over and over again and chip away at them. So you have no incentive at all to softplay against the middling stack in this situation, and for that reason SB should either push to isolate BTN or fold depending on, what he had.

Had SB pushed, then you would obviously have called with AK, and SB would have scooped the entire pot and been in the money with a decent stack for heads up. So SB misplayed his hand, and then he took his frustrations out on you in the chat. If something like this happen, then I usually just ignore the chat and dont reply. Or maybe I send him a pack of tissues, as we can do on the international PS site.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Absolutely jam!!! Being a big chip leader you’re not playing for second. AK is monster 3 handed and you’re wanting SB to call and the game to end if the Ace hits. You would never call in that spot as you just build the pot and have 2 others who could win and cut into your chip lead.

You played it correctly! Well done…I hope you eventually won?!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as long as hoffa didn't win a chip the table dynamics only got better for you
now hoffa is down to 7BBs and the other guys is at 6BB and your at 30BB 7/6/30hero
if you won then it woulda been
37BB vs hoffa 7BB 7/37hero

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely jam!!! Being a big chip leader you’re not playing for second. AK is monster 3 handed and you’re wanting SB to call and the game to end if the Ace hits. You would never call in that spot as you just build the pot and have 2 others who could win and cut into your chip lead.

You played it correctly! Well done…I hope you eventually won?!
you bet!