$20 NL HE STT: Pocket pair 22- best action here?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
$20 buy in, 6 max, 3 handed, turbo format. I am playing one of the worst players I have ever played. I am chipleader, villain has 9bb and I have 40bb.
Blinds 75/150 and I am in SB and limp. This is a player that will call way too wide and I don't think jamming is profitable. I don't want to raise and just make the pot more volatile.
I limp and villain min raises. His stack is not deep enough to set mine. We know- villain has two cards that are higher in value than mine, and could in theory have a higher pair,
and villain will also C-bet the vast majority of the time. I'm not folding preflop, but should I fold to his raise? I have position, but this is VERY difficult to play posts flop. Thoughts?

Vast majority of players I think are jamming here, but I don't like it.

pokerstars, $18.50 + $1.50 - Hold'em No Limit - 75/150 - 3 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

cloverlylane1 (BU): 1,323 (9 bb)
runningqueens (SB): 6,095 (41 bb)
mistypedinfo (BB): 1,582 (11 bb)

Pre-Flop: (225) Hero (runningqueens) is SB with 2 2
1 fold, runningqueens (SB) calls 75, mistypedinfo (BB) raises to 300, runningqueens (SB) calls 150

Flop:
(600) 5 A 9 (2 players)
runningqueens (SB) checks, mistypedinfo (BB) bets 300, runningqueens (SB) folds

Total pot: 600
mistypedinfo (BB) wins 600

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, this is an open jam all day. Even if BB is bad and "call to much", dont you think, he still want to cash? You have 4 times as many chips as either opponent, and in such a situation even people, who have no idea, what "ICM" means, tend to intuitively understand, that their main goal is to outlast the other short stacked player and make it in the money.

So I think, you have waaaay more fold equity, than you assume, and that jamming 22 is massively profitable. Also the worst, which can ever happen here, is, that you dubble him up, and then you still have the chip lead, and if you end up playing heads-up with him, you have a huge skill edge. So I think, you are unnessesarely complicating the game and making decisions for emotional rather than rational reasons, when you dont just fist-pump jam this hand into him for his 10 bigs.

That being said limping is also profitable, if he is passive and will check most of the time. Then the plan is to stab most flops. When he min-raise, its pretty awkward. You could still jam, but I think, his range for min-raising and then calling off is way stronger than his range for calling a open jam. As you say, you are also not deep enough to call and setmine. So even though it sucks, I think, I fold to this min-raise, and this is part of the reason, why I basically never limp, when the effective stack is this short.

Flop
Easy fold as played.